Rejected: Sending troops/resources to villages from the Map Screen

Would you like to see this feature implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I dont understand what the idea is about.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1412

yer, I like the transparency of the idea.
It's easier to attack, and you don't lose lots of time.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I would like to see the possibility to lock the origin or target village as well. Means: locking the origin village would send troops from this village (e.g. for farming) always and locking the target village would send troops from all other (clicked) origin villages to this village then in order to avoid to click for both origin and target village always.

DeletedUser

I would like to see the possibility to lock the origin or target village as well. Means: locking the origin village would send troops from this village (e.g. for farming) always and locking the target village would send troops from all other (clicked) origin villages to this village then in order to avoid to click for both origin and target village always.

A good thought, but remember, its for sending resources/support too. And what if you want to send nukes or support from multiple villages?

On another note, I had another improvement to my idea: A tutorial for map attacking:
When Selecting Origin Village:
[spoil]
16jet5i.jpg
[/spoil]
When Selecting Destination:
[spoil]
2q0lqf6.jpg
[/spoil]

One more note: I didnt say this, but you would be able to use this to attack a village you cant see on the map...because the map would auto-scroll (possibly) when your mouse gets to the edge of the map...Just forgot to put that in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@Dust2Dust: Do you use Windows XP with the Olive theme?!?

And... well, auto-scrolling could be made possible, but there must be an option to prevent it from happening (e.g. clicking on empty space on the map or just making some border areas "auto-scrollable" :))

DeletedUser

@Dust2Dust: Do you use Windows XP with the Olive theme?!?

And... well, auto-scrolling could be made possible, but there must be an option to prevent it from happening (e.g. clicking on empty space on the map or just making some border areas "auto-scrollable" :))

How did you know?

And about the autoscrolling: I can see how it could be a problem...If you are selecting a village on the edge of your map and it autoscrolls, it could get very annoying...

DeletedUser

How did you know?

And about the autoscrolling: I can see how it could be a problem...If you are selecting a village on the edge of your map and it autoscrolls, it could get very annoying...

Yes, that's what I mean, and also that it uses much resources on mobile devices, some people might dislike it etc.

And why I know that it's XP: "Change map size" on your screenie (nothing wrong with the Olive theme, but I personally hate XP :D)

DeletedUser

stash75 on 08.03. at 16:05
Looks pretty good tbh but im not so keen with auto stuff i like the manual ways :)

I asked some big (as in, more than 4 million points) players for feedback...this is the first response Ive gotten

So typhi, ready to pass this on? :p

DeletedUser

Typhi, can we get this passed on? Have the developers told you what they think about this yet?

DeletedUser

This would be a pretty major feature, if implemented. Could we get some more feedback here?

Is it the overlay rally point page that would be the major element here?

An alternative to the overlay rally point would be to link (either same-window or new tab) to the existing rally point screen with the source village and the target village selected via the URL parameters?

DeletedUser

Is it the overlay rally point page that would be the major element here?

An alternative to the overlay rally point would be to link (either same-window or new tab) to the existing rally point screen with the source village and the target village selected via the URL parameters?

Yea that is what I was thinking originally, but then i realized how cool it would be if a rally point screen popped up on the map, and decided I like that better...I dont think that would be a major element, since it would be like the popup that comes up when you hold your mouse over a village.

----------------------

Typhi?

DeletedUser

I was thinking from some time about script with similiar functionality.

So +1

DeletedUser

What do all you new people think?

Ive been told that this would be a major change, and would possible be something to be passed on for the next version (aka, 8.0)...still i want to make it as good as possible before that happens.

So suggestions/feedback/criticism/et cetera ...please post them!

DeletedUser1561

the map is already over done.
So extra features will just slow it down

marcus the mad

Reaction score
the map is already over done.
So extra features will just slow it down

Actually, as the map is now, this feature would be relatively easy to implement and wouldn't have a distinctive effect on the map speed, which depends on your connection and browser a lot too.

DeletedUser

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Please rate this idea (by rating the thread)

DeletedUser

It was decided that this feature would too drastically change the method through which TW is played. it's a good idea, but it's an idea to form the basis of a different game, rather than adapting a current system.