Rejected: Sending troops/resources to villages from the Map Screen

Would you like to see this feature implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I dont understand what the idea is about.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

***Screenshots Are Here!***

The screenshots can also be found down near the bottom, but i felt like moving them to the first post so new viewers can understand it. With the screenshots I really dont need to explain the idea MUCH lol.
Here they are! It took me forever to make these, please tell me what you think, and give me + rep if you like them lol

Part 1
[spoil]
21ecad2.jpg

Step 1: Select "Map Attack Mode On" by clicking on it
Step 2: Click on the village you want to be the origin of troops/resources. A white crosshair will appear over the village
Step 3: Move the mouse over to the target village and click on it. A line originating from the crosshair over your village will follow your mouse, and will connect the two villages when you click on the target. A red crosshair will appear over the target when you click on it
Step 4: Click either the "send troops" icon or the "send resources" icon [/spoil]

Part 2: example - sending troops
[spoil]
2i77s5d.jpg
[/spoil]

Not Shown in Screenshots:
- Map could possibly auto-scroll when your mouse gets to the edge

Updates to the idea:
- Tutorial mode. Screenshots found here
Tutorial Mode

Pros:
- When you are attacking a village, and have the popup mode where it tells you how many troops are in the village, you can find one with enough troops and send the troops without having to take extra time to go to the village overview and then click on the one to attack with.
- Same as above but with supporting or sending resources
- Makes it easy to find the closest village and send troops
- Doesn't really give an advantage to anyone
Cons:
- if you accidentally click on the wrong button, you have to do the whole process over again. (human error)

Personally, I think this is a beautiful idea. Please forgive me if anyone has already suggested this, though Im pretty sure its original.

Please post your thoughts on my idea :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry, some technical difficulties are preventing the creation of the images...

Despite this, what do you all think?

DeletedUser

the map is in 'info mode' now
and you'd like to add a kind of 'action mode'
yes, just like a board game..
with two figures on the village, a knight and a merchant (or a dromedar)
which can be drag&dropped around

DeletedUser895

This seems more likely to be a script than a function added in. Although, that said, I wouldn't hate the idea, but I think I'd rather see it be a script or premium only feature. As a script, however, it is worth noting that it would not be legal on servers like .net with the "no loading background pages" rule.

DeletedUser

the map is in 'info mode' now
and you'd like to add a kind of 'action mode'
yes, just like a board game..
with two figures on the village, a knight and a merchant (or a dromedar)
which can be drag&dropped around

Exactly! :)

This seems more likely to be a script than a function added in. Although, that said, I wouldn't hate the idea, but I think I'd rather see it be a script or premium only feature. As a script, however, it is worth noting that it would not be legal on servers like .net with the "no loading background pages" rule.
You are right, it probably would be a premium only feature.

DeletedUser1385

On .net, you can technically load one background page per click, however, given a script cannot be involved in actual attacking, I don't see how it could be done.

... perhaps upon clicking on a village, form 0 from the active villages rally point, could be loaded under the map (probably easiest with an iframe), and then once complete, clicking attack would load the form from the confirm page, and OK, would submit the attack, and remove the frame.

That said, it would still be illegal on .net if scripted.

DeletedUser

It wouldnt be a script, it would be a premium feature, a quicker version of the context menu

DeletedUser73

This would be a pretty major feature, if implemented. Could we get some more feedback here?

DeletedUser

It's a nice idea, but there will be a conflict between the suggested drag-n-drop and the scrolling of the map.
When I'm scrolling, I don't regard if the mouse-pointer is currently on one of my villages or not.

You can solve this problem, if you say that <Ctrl> must be hold for this idea.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Pressing the CTRL button and clicking on something has to open a new tab or window in the browser. No other behaviour for it please. ^^

DeletedUser

maybe a button right next to the map? like "hier you can start the sending mode to click on villages from where to where to send something: start for ress/start for troops" or something like that^^

but im not sure about this idea yet, if i like it...

thats just a suggestion how to avoid this ctrl-thing :p

DeletedUser

What if you didnt have to drag? Like if you click the button for using this feature, then the village you want to send the troops or resources from, then click the destination village.

DeletedUser

What if you didnt have to drag? Like if you click the button for using this feature, then the village you want to send the troops or resources from, then click the destination village.

It could (!) be made possible to do both, either clicking 1. the source and 2. the destination or dragging the first village to the second one. The second thing could be a problem for older browsers, though...

DeletedUser

clicking is also more easy, when the two villages doesnt fit on one map but are a bit more further from each other

shouldnt the whole idea not also be possibily with a script? (sure ingame is always better as ingame^^) but im just thinking, if this wont get implemented, someone could implement it into a script so who wants to can use it^^

DeletedUser

On .net, you can technically load one background page per click, however, given a script cannot be involved in actual attacking, I don't see how it could be done.

... perhaps upon clicking on a village, form 0 from the active villages rally point, could be loaded under the map (probably easiest with an iframe), and then once complete, clicking attack would load the form from the confirm page, and OK, would submit the attack, and remove the frame.

That said, it would still be illegal on .net if scripted.

Yea, it would be an illegal script. And i think clicking on the origin and the destination would be a better way to do it then dragging.

DeletedUser

ah i see i thought of a gm-script but this wouldnt work that well too i see now..as it could open up the rally point with inserted destination coords but you still would have to click attack and ok

DeletedUser

Thats basically what it does. Although I just thought of something, which I will make a screenshot for.

Update
Here they are! It took me forever to make these, please tell me what you think, and give me + rep if you like them lol

Part 1
[spoil]
21ecad2.jpg

Step 1: Select "Map Attack Mode On" by clicking on it
Step 2: Click on the village you want to be the origin of troops/resources. A white crosshair will appear over the village
Step 3: Move the mouse over to the target village and click on it. A line originating from the crosshair over your village will follow your mouse, and will connect the two villages when you click on the target. A red crosshair will appear over the target when you click on it
Step 4: Click either the "send troops" icon or the "send resources" icon [/spoil]

Part 2: example - sending troops
[spoil]
2i77s5d.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

marcus the mad

Reaction score
That does look good, I didn't really get what you were getting at, but this makes it more clear. I like the idea, don't know if it'll be that simple to get trough though.