Secrets of Power - New Feature

DeletedUser

For a while now rumours have been going around just what the new big feature is going to be. Well, the veil of secrecy shall be lifted - or, rather, you can lift it yourself. Secrets of Power finally brings an "end-game" to Tribal Wars.

Starting at a configurable time, a number of so-called "Secrets of Power" (Currently called "Geheimnis" on Beta) will start to appear in barbarian villages all over the world. The objective is to bring all these secrets under your tribe's control and hold them for a short amount of time, making you the masters of a new age of discoveries. Unfortunately, knowledge has a sneaky way of spreading around (and no, we are not talking about wikileaks here): After a while the secrets will start to multiply and spread in any tribes holding them. This is the chance to grab any secrets you are still missing from the complete set!

Whichever tribe manages to secure and hold a complete set of secrets, will win the game. Reports will keep you posted about tribes getting close to this critical point in the game and flags will show you the locations of secrets on the world-map and the mini-map. A more detailed description of this important feature will be forthcoming in the wiki. For now I wish you best of luck and a very exciting ride with "Secrets of Power".

There are a number of things I would like to add to this:
1) The Secrets will only be applied to new worlds. Currently running worlds will not be affected by this. The beta is the exception to this, as we only have the two worlds to do the initial functionality testing with.
2) The Secrets will not necessarily be active on every world, and it will be extensively tested before applied on a general scale.
3) We understand that there may be a lot of criticism and negative opinions of this development. I would like to take the time to assure doubters that we have no intention of releasing this concept before it is truly ready, and it has already been thought through extensively to try and highlight any problems with this system before it is even player tested.
4) The Secrets will be tested initially on one world per market. This will allow us to ascertain the popularity of the new setting for each market, and from there decide how many worlds to enable to secrets on.

Finally, please bear in mind that "popularity" is not necessarily indicated by forum response. For example, we know that churches are actually rather popular, and generally maintain a higher user count than non-church worlds, and yet they generally receive negative reception on the forums. We will be taking user opinion into account, but user opinion is not always indicated by forum activity.

The discussion thread can be found Here. As always, I will happily give whatever information is available regarding this development.