Rejected: Restart account

• Thread starter DeletedUser1021
  • Start date

DeletedUser1021

At the moment players can only restart thier account when they only have one village.
But there are times when players who have multipul vilages want/need to restart.

This may be that thier main was nobled but they still have other small vills, which are being catted so that they can never grow.
Or just a personnal grievence with another local player/tribe that is determined to make thier life hell.
There is no fun in playing a no win situtation.

Thier only option is to delete thier account, then create a new account.
(While being careful to try not to break any multi-accounting rules,time limits.)

I think players should be allowed to restart regardless of the amount of villages they have.
Maybe just having to wait 24 hours (as a penalty) before thier village turns barb and they can restart.
There could be a count-down clock on thier worlds login screen.

marcus the mad

Reaction score
It is an option reserved for players that are in an area where they have absolutely no chance to expand. If you already have another village, it means you do have a chance.
Maybe this is where that other idea (abandoning villages) might come in, but if you are catted to the ground it means some people really hate you.
By the time people are able to manifest such a show of power, the world is past its most crucial times (powerhouses have been formed, players with over 250K are present etc.)
so restarting then is not really that good of a thing...

tell me if I'm wrong though (noobs opinions, as always :) )

DeletedUser

Plus, if you cant expand, just wait until you have 4 noblemen and send them in a train to some barbarian village on the rim :)

DeletedUser1328

maybe this should be possible until you have like 5 villages
because i can understand that this can happen for unexperienced players, when they have 1 big village and 2 or 3 small ones which they nobled at the moment, and all their neighbours are already much bigger than they are because they grew so slowly...
then their main village gets nobled and they are left with some 200 points villages with no real chance anymore

and sending 4 nobleman to the rim is not always possible^^ what if they dont have any academy left?^^ then they have to build up some 200 points villages befor^^
or what about if they were so slow that the rim is soo far away by the time that they cant reach it with nobles anymore?^^ this can happen^^

i remember that some time ago a few players who got nobled asked me if i would take one of their smaller villages which were left so that they could restart..if i wouldnt have had taken them they couldnt have done it (screw the if-clause^^ you know what i mean^^)

DeletedUser1021

thankyou joiner37 for seeing it from a new players prespective, which was the point I was trying to make.

DeletedUser73

There is however another angle to consider: undesired restarting done by people who have unauthorized access to your account. Click, password, click = entire account destroyed.

DeletedUser

There is however another angle to consider: undesired restarting done by people who have unauthorized access to your account. Click, password, click = entire account destroyed.

Click, E-Mail confirmation, password, STOP :)

DeletedUser

Click, E-Mail confirmation, password, STOP :)

But on co-played accounts, right right.. your supposed to trust your co-player....

On co-played accounts, 24 hours goes by entirely too fast, and you could log in to all your work gone.
I also am not a fan of players being able to just restart whenever they want, it's soo unfulfilling when you get 8 villages taken from a player, and they quit on you, so you can't take the satisfaction of rimming them, then they run around bragging they weren't rimmed, when reality is, they are still.. umm on the rim... I guess that's semantics playing a part...

DeletedUser

You could always make it so you have to wait, say, 72 hours before the account restarted and in those 72 hours you could cancel the restart via email.

DeletedUser1385

Admittedly, I may come across as a bit of a bitch for saying this, but, I'm against the idea.

There are some times, where particular players deserve to not be able to restart. In this situation, generally, I organize an op on said player to strip them of all but two villages, and then cat them to the ground.

I'd be rather displeased if I could no longer force people to retire from a world.