Implemented: Queing before requirements have been met

DeletedUser404

Hopefully this is the place were suggestions, etc, get looked at... This one is pretty simple, but I think would be appreciated (at least by me)

Anyway, I think it would be great to be able to queue a building before its requirements are met, so long as you have the required buildings in the queue also. If you cancel one of the required building levels, it would also cancel this building, to avoid possible glitches in being able to build a building without having the requirements.

For example, you have level 19 and 20 smithy in the building queue, and therefore would be able to add academy to the queue also (asuming you have level 20 HQ and level 10 market already). And if you cancel the level 20 smithy, it would also cancel the academy level(s).

I think this would help a lot for queue ordering, and for when you are offline for an extended period of time. And I can't see any reason not to be able to do this as it is much the same as being able to queue multiple levels of the same building at once.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
..., and for when you are offline for an extended period of time. ...

This exactly the point why I don't like the idea. It supports inactivity. If I am right this was also the reason, why the idea was refused on DE. ^^

DeletedUser404

Yet the main reason I want this is so that my warehouse doesn't overflow when reordering my HQ queue when having to add academy level/s.
Also, it is nice to have for overnight queues... barracks, stable, whatever. It might be fine if you have a co-player, but the majority of people playing TW do not co-play.

DeletedUser803

I agree with chisum on this;

This exactly the point why I don't like the idea. It supports inactivity. If I am right this was also the reason, why the idea was refused on DE. ^^

I would not call this an unfair advantage, but it would make live to easy for some people.
if you are having a problem with your warehouse getting full, upgrade the warehouse first.

DeletedUser

Excellent idea Red. I would also like to see this implemented.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Yet the main reason I want this is so that my warehouse doesn't overflow when reordering my HQ queue when having to add academy level/s.
Also, it is nice to have for overnight queues... barracks, stable, whatever. It might be fine if you have a co-player, but the majority of people playing TW do not co-play.

It's not a matter of co-playing or not in my opinion. It's just a matter of activity and planning.

DeletedUser

It's not a matter of co-playing or not in my opinion. It's just a matter of activity and planning.

What if Smithy Level 20 is going to finish upgrading at the middle of the night (for example 2:00am) and you don't want to put an alarm for 2 in the morning, but you don't want to waste HQ time either?
I don't see how 'activity and planning' can somehow construct your Academy in the middle of the night without you pressing any buttons ;)

DeletedUser404

Thanks Hoang, that is exactly what I have been trying to say...

DeletedUser880

I woulden't mind if this was implented. In fact, I want this to be implented.

it supports inactivity

Well, for some players other players inactivity is good? If someone don't check tw just because he has buildings in que, the higher the chance someone can noble him. People will still need to get online to scout for incomeings.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I think there are always some members in a tribe that are active during the night. So, you can ask them to sit your account to build the academy. Or change the queue order that smithy is finished when you have the chance to come online again to start the academy.

Let me also give you another aspect: you can put an order in the queue, expecting that the requirements -like smithy 20- will be fullfilled during the night. The smithy on level 20 is finished and it starts the academy from the queue.

Now let's assume that someone is attacking you to make some haul. Let's also assume that your troops are not in the village to have them protected over the night. The attack arrives after smithy 20 is finished. As it is he would make a good haul (costs for the academy). I like that. :p

With this change his haul will be less or even nothing - depending on. I don't like that. :(

So the player that keeps awake in order to farm others is punished and your 'inactivity' is rewarded.

DeletedUser404

As far as I can understand, all you are doing is making some pretty stupid and pointless observations and arguements that don't have much to do with the thread.

Bottom line, my suggestion would make things easier for people without a coplayer (or sitter), and for people with long queues. It is not neccessary, people have lived without it for years, but it would make queues more streamlined and efficient.
It would be fairly simple to implement (I assume), and there are not any actual reasons not to have this feature, besides those vague 'problems' presented by chisum.

DeletedUser880

Now let's assume that someone is attacking you to make some haul. Let's also assume that your troops are not in the village to have them protected over the night. The attack arrives after smithy 20 is finished. As it is he would make a good haul (costs for the academy). I like that. :p

With this change his haul will be less or even nothing - depending on. I don't like that. :(

So the player that keeps awake in order to farm others is punished and your 'inactivity' is rewarded.

Lets assume, that since this feature isin't implented "Player A" had to be online to build that academy. And since, the attack hit after smithy level 20. You build the academy as you normally would. And nothing would change, no high hauls or anything.

Lets assume, that "Player A" is attacked before the smithy lvl 20 is fininshed. "Player A" would now do following stuff: (Since he's online)

Use the marked to save some ress.
Build something random in HQ.
Build troops.

Theres plenty of ways to use up all the ressources:).

"Player B" attack hits, his haul were almost nothing.

Now lets assume, the feature was implented, "Player A" is not online and can't use the remaining ress, or the new ress before "Player B" hits. "Player B" hits, and get a larger haul now than he would if "Player A" was online. Now how do this boost inactivity?:s. And if this was a "Nuke" village, and by any chance "Player A" haven't sent out his troops "Player B" would have gained some free ODa aswell.

As redrum said, there really isin't any good reasons for this not to be implented it just makes thing our daily twlife a bit easyer and a bit less timeconsuming.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
...but it would make queues more streamlined and efficient.

Efficiency in TW means (online-) activity and not pushing the queues to stay offline. Please realize that TW is still an online browser game. ;-)

@Sharpy1:

As it is now (assuming that the village is empty): To build the academy you have to wait for smithy 20. Then you meet the requirements for the academy to start it. The resources are in the warehouse. If the player is online he can spend the resources for troops, buildings etc. of course to save them -> misfortune for the attacker if he has no haul. If the player is offline you'll find a lucky attacker getting a nice haul if you already saved resources to build the academy, when smithy 20 is finished.

As you want it to be: Pushing the queue, what means also consuming the resources that were saved for academy. So, the attacker will get no or only a small haul as already explained.

DeletedUser880

Efficiency in TW means (online-) activity and not pushing the queues to stay offline. Please realize that TW is still an online browser game. ;-)

@Sharpy1:

As it is now (assuming that the village is empty): To build the academy you have to wait for smithy 20. Then you meet the requirements for the academy to start it. The resources are in the warehouse. If the player is online he can spend the resources for troops, buildings etc. of course to save them -> misfortune for the attacker if he has no haul. If the player is offline you'll find a lucky attacker getting a nice haul if you already saved resources to build the academy, when smithy 20 is finished.

As you want it to be: Pushing the queue, what means also consuming the resources that were saved for academy. So, the attacker will get no or only a small haul as already explained.

Ofcourse, thats common knowledge. However, your posts has been how it support inactivity. And now your describeing how it would turn out if hes OFFLINE.

DeletedUser

Efficiency in TW means (online-) activity and not pushing the queues to stay offline.

A player could be online (active) and "not pushing his queues" but not be bothered to farm. That is extremely efficient I assume :rolleyes:

Please realize that TW is still an online browser game. ;-)

What has that got to do with anything?

DeletedUser

would if they decide to add this feture maybe they could charge you extra resorces to add it to the building to the que

DeletedUser73

Ah yes, I have missed this myself on several occasions - this does indeed seem useful.

I think I've seen it on the .net forums before, but this has become a much more handy suggestion because of the recent (well, ok, quite a while ago) modifications to the building queue allowance.

Last edited by a moderator: