Q&D: [DISCUSSION] 8.5 Changelog

DeletedUser

I really like the concept in and of itself and feel it shall have a major impact on all manner of unforeseen aspects of the game. In fact, I think it might go as far as to completely change the whole game so far it will become a different game entirely.
For that alone I hope it will be a selective feature that can be turned on and off on different worlds in much the same way as other settings.

Though that said, I have (at least) a couple of concerns , so please lets hear about the massive non-gameplay implications of this .....

Best of all, your flag inventory is not bound to a single world, but instead to your account. If, for example, you earn a Flag on world 1, you can use it on world 3!

^^^ I don't honestly believe you are trying to start an acc. market but if you are then this is the perfect way to need to bring it in at a later date simply to compete with the underground 1 on skype where acc.'s with full flag accounts will be changing hands for cash if this is implemented.

Does it mean that if I have 1 main world that I currently playing under the same name and open the same acc. on every subsequent "FLAG" world, - probably without premium - that the flags earned of these other worlds will all be added to my total no. of flags as I progress on each of them?

Will it be possible to use the same flag on different worlds at the same time? ( This won't matter to those just earning them to use on 1 but some do like to and can actually manage to play more than 1 world competitively and there will be implications for those.)

While I still have my seers cap on , do you also have a way to counteract the negative knock-on aspect to, 'end world, game play'? as I foresee, a lot of players preferring to barb (premium pt. buying) acc.'s rather than handing over acc.'s with their name and the all important, associated flags?

The impression Inno gives to us paying customers, is of striving to provide a much leveler playing field for those much sought after new players and the old hands , often , much to our chargrin. Wether folks agree or disagreeing with this aim is beside the point, as I can also see this having an impact on the 'l33t' criteria for pre-made tribes by as soon as the second or third world with it becoming a 'must have' by the fifth and seems to be a backward step from providing that level of fairness to all.

With my points above, please bare in mind that these concerns come from a player, that wherever possible, has used the same acc. for every world since join TW and if this implemented I am likely to be a major beneficiary from it.
I would expect a far more vocal outcry from the many players that like to change nick's and acc's for each new world ... so, is a new accounts market for x,y and z flag levels to be expected in the near future or are you just anticipating a large increase in the 500p.p. acc. name change revenue?:icon_eek:

I know there are very few certainties you can offer with something as radical as this but if it must be implemented in this form I hope .net will be where it is further researched and still considered a trial period for at least 3 new worlds. It would also be reassuring to hear about planned counter measures already being prepared. Upon telling a mate about this, I had to listen to a tirade about 'army camps' I would liked to have missed out on. :icon_razz:

Finally, though this seems to have been fairly well covered but if there is any possibility of "wasting" or using up flags in any way, once introduced on live worlds in their finished form, some kind of further explanation will certainly be necessary for those that do read information releases can see the benefits of reading what you want us to read.
Personally, I am 1 of those that usually go and read up, only after, a mistake has cost me but I will most annoyed if I am unable to find out why I lost a reward if/when I do.

DeletedUser1774

if i use the flag + population to rebuild the full, when I remove the flag, the troops remain ?

DeletedUser692

I have a suggestion for the flags:

Why don't we get a report for 'finding' a new flag?
I know, that there's a +symbol, but i always ignore it ^^

/rabbit

marcus the mad

Reaction score
I really like the concept in and of itself and feel it shall have a major impact on all manner of unforeseen aspects of the game. In fact, I think it might go as far as to completely change the whole game so far it will become a different game entirely.
For that alone I hope it will be a selective feature that can be turned on and off on different worlds in much the same way as other settings.

Though that said, I have (at least) a couple of concerns , so please lets hear about the massive non-gameplay implications of this .....

^^^ I don't honestly believe you are trying to start an acc. market but if you are then this is the perfect way to need to bring it in at a later date simply to compete with the underground 1 on skype where acc.'s with full flag accounts will be changing hands for cash if this is implemented.

Does it mean that if I have 1 main world that I currently playing under the same name and open the same acc. on every subsequent "FLAG" world, - probably without premium - that the flags earned of these other worlds will all be added to my total no. of flags as I progress on each of them?

Will it be possible to use the same flag on different worlds at the same time? ( This won't matter to those just earning them to use on 1 but some do like to and can actually manage to play more than 1 world competitively and there will be implications for those.)

You can only use a flag on one world, but the flags can be used on all worlds you play with that account.

While I still have my seers cap on , do you also have a way to counteract the negative knock-on aspect to, 'end world, game play'? as I foresee, a lot of players preferring to barb (premium pt. buying) acc.'s rather than handing over acc.'s with their name and the all important, associated flags?

You are referring to the older worlds that are still hanging around I take it, like .net 1, 2 ... As I see it, there have already been efforts from Inno's side to make the endgame more interesting, but you can't force players to hand over accounts. Its THEIR account, and its THEIR right to do with it what they want, its not the tribe's account, its the players account. People tend to forget that.

The impression Inno gives to us paying customers, is of striving to provide a much leveler playing field for those much sought after new players and the old hands , often , much to our chargrin. Wether folks agree or disagreeing with this aim is beside the point, as I can also see this having an impact on the 'l33t' criteria for pre-made tribes by as soon as the second or third world with it becoming a 'must have' by the fifth and seems to be a backward step from providing that level of fairness to all.

With my points above, please bare in mind that these concerns come from a player, that wherever possible, has used the same acc. for every world since join TW and if this implemented I am likely to be a major beneficiary from it.
I would expect a far more vocal outcry from the many players that like to change nick's and acc's for each new world ... so, is a new accounts market for x,y and z flag levels to be expected in the near future or are you just anticipating a large increase in the 500p.p. acc. name change revenue?:icon_eek:

I know there are very few certainties you can offer with something as radical as this but if it must be implemented in this form I hope .net will be where it is further researched and still considered a trial period for at least 3 new worlds. It would also be reassuring to hear about planned counter measures already being prepared. Upon telling a mate about this, I had to listen to a tirade about 'army camps' I would liked to have missed out on. :icon_razz:

Finally, though this seems to have been fairly well covered but if there is any possibility of "wasting" or using up flags in any way, once introduced on live worlds in their finished form, some kind of further explanation will certainly be necessary for those that do read information releases can see the benefits of reading what you want us to read.
Personally, I am 1 of those that usually go and read up, only after, a mistake has cost me but I will most annoyed if I am unable to find out why I lost a reward if/when I do.

Army camps are out of the game, I know of the problems with it as I played w47 till pretty much the end and can somewhat understand the ranting from those players.

You can not 'waste' or 'use up' flags as far as I know, but you CAN decrease your total number of flags by:

- exchanging 3 flags of the same kind for a higher level flag of that kind
- trading 2 (or more) flags for one flag in the trade section.

Other than that, the only way to lose flags is to forget where you set them, which I'm 100% sure will happen to a lot of players.

DeletedUser73

if i use the flag + population to rebuild the full, when I remove the flag, the troops remain ?

We're going to change this, thanks.

You can trade multiple flags for one flag.

[spoil]
Tradeset.jpg
[/spoil]

We'll also be changing this, so that you can only trade equal amounts of flags.

DeletedUser

You are referring to the older worlds that are still hanging around I take it, like .net 1, 2 ... As I see it, there have already been efforts from Inno's side to make the endgame more interesting, but you can't force players to hand over accounts. Its THEIR account, and its THEIR right to do with it what they want, its not the tribe's account, its the players account. People tend to forget that.

I would not dream of suggesting that any player should hand over an acc. against his or her wishes under any circumstances. Though if you read the fine print , it is INNO's account, always will be and it is INNO's right to do with it as they wish! :icon_biggrin:

In reality, I have played far more frequently on smaller servers such as the UK and .US and have very little knowledge of any of the older worlds on .net. I imagine there is little difference in the percentages that drop out or even if there is a difference for those that drop out from server to server, but there is obviously a much larger knock on effect on these relatively smaller worlds, when players turn barb. In order for these smaller worlds on the regional servers not to become moonscapes dotted with craters 9k barbs, when players take their flags and leave - where it can take weeks or possibly months, of almost totally suspended game play while they are recaptured , a situation which regularly threatens on the vast majority of existing worlds - perhaps something as radical as removing the player villages from the map completely or at least replacing them with the max. regular barb. size within the settings of each individual world, should be planned to accompany the new settings when flags are introduced. (The current auto demolish, just doesn't cut it)

It cannot but, take quite a length of time to see the effects in the late game stages when the 1000+ villa players leave for various reasons whether or not they decide to relinquish control or rather start a new trend of retaining their hard earned flags. I am trying to highlight that the already precarious balancing point for how, where and when, even the most dogged late game players decide as to how much enjoyment can be extracted from what will in all probability, be even more rapidly dwindling worlds.

If the percentage of players that begin a world and then hand over their acc.'s to another player decreases significantly as I suspect it will, the knock on effect especially for smaller worlds will be even longer periods of barb munching on those moonscapes and greatly increased frustrations for many.
I know it isn't for us to say where flags should be introduced first but I mentioned .net because if as I suspect, this will even seriously affect worlds as large as those and the threat of it becoming a wide scale problem will simply be recognized earlier, if I am proven right.

I accept acc. loyalty will increase and be a positive factor to consider but imo it will be outweighed by even the possibility of creating an underground acc. market where cash changes hands.
There are few things that Inno do as flawlessly as they have done, in keeping out of sight deals and cash for accounts out of the game but this will create reasons for it to begin. Without more regulations and counter measures that will be difficult to enforce and even harder to oversee, I expect it will begin within months while being viewed by the vast majority of players as a fair way for them to reclaim some of the cash they have spent on p.p. over the time taken to obtain the flags.

If the flag system cannot be sped up and then begun again on each subsequent world perhaps flags will be run on separate servers and designated sites as a tangent to the current model of game play, leaving my fears groundless and I am simply wasting everybody's time here ....

... if management do not wish to discuss what I foresee as possible pitfalls in public as of yet, I can just move on ... once that is pointed out. Or if they are simply undecided, it would still be nice to hear that, rather than being ignored. The title does say discussion, so even if those in charge don't wish to elaborate I would still like to hear some other views on how they see this radical change, affecting not only the game play but approaches and any real or imaginary side effects there may be on the game we all love.

p.s. I didn't ask anything about army camps ... please stay OT! :icon_razz:

Reaction score
I don't know if this question already got an answear, i didn't find one here , and the flag page being in German does not help much so i would like to know exactly how do you combine 3 flags of the same kind to get a higher level one?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Just click on the arrow up icon for a flag. Doing this 3 times will level up the flag.

Reaction score
Please excuse the dumb question but exactly where is that arrow up icon located? cus in the flag pages i did not find any...? Again sorry for what might be a dumb question but this is something new and will take some getting use to..

Reaction score
Ok got it, so that's why i didn't see any arrow, i have many doubles but not one triple, many thanks and sorry for the desturb.

Nice day to all.