Q&D: 8.2 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Eyup duck,

8.2 Changelog to be found Here. A mostly bug-fixing update, with a couple of new features and improvements. This is the thread to post in if you have any questions or comments!

~Petn

DeletedUser

when 8 was released the game was finish in my mind
and im surprised to see some more excellent new things coming (sun)

DeletedUser

8.1 was only rolled out on two worlds on .DE. ;)

Sneaky, so are those updates then lumped in with v8.2 I assume?

Multi-Village Startup: It will now be possible to start worlds with two villages.

There isn't much to say about this that isn't obvious from the title! Community Managers will now have the option of starting every user with two villages. the Default will still be one, but we look forward to seeing how this new setting might pan out on coming worlds! Because this feature is new and potentially game changing, it will need to be tested rigorously before it is widely used.

I like the sound of that. Are only two villages possible or can a world be started with more then that? Personally I'd love to see a world where everyone starts with about 10 fully built villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i want to test/try out first :) but multi-village startup sounds *nice*
2 off, 2 deff, 1 of each, what will they do?

DeletedUser

Just joined beta and must say, the current changes for 8.2 look quite interesting to say the least.
It is about time that there was a page created for village information, it sparks my curiosity as to what info it may hold though.
The Multi-village start-up sounds VERY! interesting, saves players complaining about "noobs" who keep using Militia on their LC and what not.

DeletedUser

I think the multiple villages idea could be great fun and would introduce some new dynamics to startup, I look forward to Beta 1 restarting at some point when this will be tested hopefully.

DeletedUser

External village link is really handy and will save button clicks and copying and pasting between windows

Multiple villages is something I've been suggesting for a while (along with numerous other people). I look forward to trying this, I think it could be particularly fun on speed worlds. Why has the village start limit been set at 2? I understand that this is logical to test initially, but why not consider having worlds where you start with and number of villages? There could be another potential revenue source from selling additional villages at startup up to a limit of villages.

When will the Name Changing be activated? I can see this being of use if two players combine to co-play and as a result want to change the account name as a result. It would be important to try and configure this so that it is difficult to use it to gain a competetive advantage as a result of changing names. One way to achieve this would be for each player rename would take 48-72 hours to complete, during this period the rename action would be visible on a new web-page. This same page would also show all historic name changes as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

multiple village start up could be interesting, id like to test it here^^