Rejected: Pit Falls

DeletedUser

I would like to suggest an addition to village's defenses in some worlds (or all), pitfalls.

*These are just suggestions, explanations, and examples. Percentages and such can be adjusted to an agreement*

1.) I suggest for these pitfalls use a sort of percentage system.
For each level on your pitfall your village constructs more pitfalls around it, which in turn heightens the percent your opposer will fall into one, and the more people it could kill.

Example: Level one pitfall - 15% chance your opposer's army will hit it.

2.) If you don't mind me adding another thing to this, I would also like to see some way for the attacker to counter the pitfalls. Such as, for every *insert number here* of scouts you have in your attack, it lowers the percent that your army will hit one by *insert number here*.

Example - For every 75 scouts, the percent that your army will hit a pitfall lowers by 15% (to keep it simple)

This would add a bit more complexity and excitement to the game in my opinion.

Please post if you have any revisions or anything. We could possibly get something worked out with the percentages and what not. Or possibly change the system all together if you have a better suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I don't like these kind of ideas giving advantages to defenders at all. They also make the game more complicated and TW shall stay as simple as it is.

DeletedUser

I'm in agreement with chisum already, I believe defenders already have far too much advantage in this game, adding more ways to kill troops (on top of stacking, and the fact that you really only have to cut nobles to survive), is just making it harder to attack, thus more people will focus on barbs & inactives.

DeletedUser

I realized this and that's why I suggested a way to counter it. There could be something else too, like it cost a lot to build, or it takes a long time to build, or it takes up an absurd amount of farm space which would force defenders to only have the pit falls in a select few villages, or only on the front line. Something of that sort.

DeletedUser

;) In Middle Age where this game is set to they dont use pitfalls that much
but filled with water and surrounding some castles
yes! moats were very common
D%E4nemark-Wasserschloss-Wasserschlo%DF-Seeland-Egeskov-Slot-Schlo%DF.jpg

DeletedUser1021

I know that pit-falls was just an idea of being able to kill off troops before the battle starts at the walls, but this will bring in a totally new aspects to the game.
Killing of incoming troops pre-battle: ranged attack(troops/towers/weapons),traps,ambushs,trenchs,moats,murder-holes,spiked barriers and hundreds of other
tactics that were used.
Most of these should just be considered as already included when levels of wall is built.So for me it is a no.

But will make an idea of my own which this thread triggered.

http://forum.beta.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?p=13976#post13976