Implemented: Option to Hide Awards

DeletedUser

I've bolded the ones which to me sound completely idiotic.

Since when has in-game skill (or anything for that matter) had anything to do with one's nick or avatar? :confused:

I have been judged by that kinda bullshit.
And yeah, it has got nothing to do with skill, but why does skill actually matter, why do people argue over it?
Stupidity. There is no rationality in this matter.

DeletedUser

Good idea :) although I'd prefer it if awards were set so everyone had to be able to see everyone else's awards.

DeletedUser66

I have been judged by that kinda bullshit.
And yeah, it has got nothing to do with skill, but why does skill actually matter, why do people argue over it?
Stupidity. There is no rationality in this matter.

Wow.

People want skilled players because it adds skill to their tribe, and good players mean a better tribe.

DeletedUser558

Bringing the thread forcibly back on topic...

I agree that this could be a nice addition to the achievements update. I'd probably go for either one of two options:

1. An option to make achievements visible to everyone or just yourself.
2. An option to make achievements visible to everyone, just your tribe (and friends), just your friends, or just yourself.

This would give players the option of secrecy that I'm sure many would appreciate. However, there's likely to be just as many who can't resist a good boast so this wouldn't actually effect them!

DeletedUser66

Option 1 is currently in effect anyway.

For Option 2 I'm suggesting that there is an option to make it open to tribe members and friends.

As said in the OP - it would be nice to have this secrecy, but at the same time, it could be used by tribal leaders as a way to motivate members to be more active.

DeletedUser515

Yeh this seems like a reasonably good idea. I'd like to see ithappen.

DeletedUser

Pro for this option to have another option in showing awards.

DeletedUser643

I like the idea very much - some of these awards give you a distinct disadvantage (apart from that already mentioned - that people can see how active you are or not). But what about this one?

Victim
Someone is nobling you within one week after the expiration of your beginner protection!

Who wants to show an award like that? "Hey everyone, come get it, my loyalty's been lowered!"