Implemented: Notebook Improvement Idea

DeletedUser1313

currently having "a lot" of fun in W50 (have to love wars, right :) )

anyway, as I've changed back and forth between the rally (or other page) and notebook, its become even more obvious why this would be useful but... not to just bump this thread as its not the intent.

I'd also like to suggest another button within the notebook.

So.. here goes the idea,

When writing the notebook we have the notebook tools above much like i do now in the window (the B, I, U and all bb codes). My suggestion is to add a button that will allow a player to strike through the text without having to edit the notebook. Of course when one is creating the notebook in its original text they would have to high lite the text that a strike through is needed on. Then when the player finishes editing and clicks ok, the notebook looks normal except beside certain lines is the strike through button. (looking much like a bullet)

When the scheduled task is complete, the player or sitter just clicks the button and the text is striked through.

DeletedUser73

Hmm, I'm definitely seeing the advantages here - though I'd not have much use for it myself. Are you guys thinking that the full notebook would be available - as in all tabs, or would making one of the tabs accessible as a 'quick notebook' be preferable? (Notebook tabs are a new feature you may not be familiar with yet.)

Secondly, are we all on the same page here?

a little
arrow_down_padd.png
next to the "notebook" in the header, and when clicking it a window pops up which looks exactly like the window for the village notebook if you click edit in the village oderview

this window can be dragged to bigger or smaller, and moved around, so everybody can have it as big as they want it and at the place where they want it, its alwas in the foreground

All agreed?

Sorry for the delay in getting around to this thread, folks. Also, bumping useful topics - like this - is of course completely fine. :] Unforgiv3n - I moved your latest idea to a new thread.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I'm still thinking about having a seperate notebook for it as a 'task manager', where you could also enter dates / times in a seperate field to sort by it. Would be more senseful in my opinion. ;)

DeletedUser1313

I'm thinking that having a notebook that could be undocked and positioned somewhere on the page (top or bottom seems more logical) that is always visible so when say you are doing massive noblings, the send times with where to send from and send location are listed sequentially and constantly visible. (and, not to be sarcastic, it would also be environmentally friendly as peeps wouldn't have to use paper to right down send times/target bb codes, etc.. as the info is visible regardless of the what page your on.)

so.. having a dockable/undockable tab within the notebook works provided it is visible when you are on the rally.

DeletedUser1313

Posting a Picture for everyone to see.

My suggestion is to have the notebook visible (and scrollable) from any page. (I've made the picture with the rally and notebook)
In other words, the notebook would have an option allowing players to "make it visible" (i referred to it as docking/undocking)

ActiveNotebook.png

Notice the notebook entries are visible as are the quickbars and... if I were waring and sending, I'd want the notebook to be scrollable so the current op(s) are visible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

why do you want it implemented in the page? wouldnt it be better to have it as little window, draggable to the place where you want it and changeable in size, instead of having it where you say?

DeletedUser1313

a strechable pop up window (edit* that is always on top) would work as well and may be easier to create. I've spoken with many skilled and unskilled players and everyone favors the idea in one form or another and.. most have admitted that having a constantly viewable notebook would be a reason for remaining premium. One player pointed out that what she liked is the idea that when her co-player logged in, the notebook was visible as soon as the acct was signed into. Personally, I never even thought of that but... seems like another very strong argument for having the option activated.

DeletedUser1313

just make the popup to remain on top and stretchable. The account player can position it where he/she prefers. The key would be to keep the window linked to the game so if for instance, you clicked on a village bb code, the window would flash to said village page. Also, the notebook should be scrollable. When I type this, there are scrolling arrows above this white box so I'd assume they know the coding for that already.

@ Typhi

Are you guys thinking that the full notebook would be available - as in all tabs

Yes, the notebook as a whole (Tabs and all).

DeletedUser1316

How about when you have Dynamic menu bar on you have a drop down over the notebook saying the following.

Position Top
Position Bottom
Position Left
Position Right

And that would be how you select where it is on the screen on all pages. It would show everything in the notebook here also and would be just like the current notebook just attached to all pages. Also it would be kind of like how the forum is set up. The normal TW page is where our posts show and the notebook is where it shows our avatars, contact information, ect.

DeletedUser1313

would the notebook be visible. Meaning, would I be able to click a link from the rally point that is in the notebook? Also, would I be able to see a send time? If I choose to place it on top, would it appear like the pic above shows? Also, would it have a scroll bar (or arrows)?

DeletedUser1316

would the notebook be visible. Meaning, would I be able to click a link from the rally point that is in the notebook? Also, would I be able to see a send time? If I choose to place it on top, would it appear like the pic above shows? Also, would it have a scroll bar (or arrows)?

The answer to all these questions would be yes. It would be exactly like the current notebook except it would always be showing if you so choose. You get to choose one of the locations I provided for it. And it is interactive with tribalwars page.

Meaning you can click a bbcode in your notebook and the part of the screen that is next to it/below it/above it would take you to the respective page while the notebook stays visible the whole time and reloads with the page unless you turn it off. Meaning you take it off the screen and the link remains up top on the menu bar like it is now.

The option to remove the drop down notebook could be called "Remove".

DeletedUser1313

thats what I'm proposing and hoping for. seems there are many, many people that favor the idea. I just wish they'd post suggestions as you have.

DeletedUser1316

thats what I'm proposing and hoping for. seems there are many, many people that favor the idea. I just wish they'd post suggestions as you have.

Yeah it seems there is an endless supply of people that like this idea. Everyone on skype that I showed this too loved the idea also. I really hope it gets passed onto Inno.

DeletedUser

Position Top
Position Bottom
Position Left
Position Right

why do you only want to offer 4 positions for that?
i mean, when you can drag it to whereever you want to, plus change it in size (like the map, not only quadratically), is this not just perfect? then everybody could have it whereever he wants it and however he wants it so...?

DeletedUser1316

why do you only want to offer 4 positions for that?
i mean, when you can drag it to whereever you want to, plus change it in size (like the map, not only quadratically), is this not just perfect? then everybody could have it whereever he wants it and however he wants it so...?

Think about it this way. How much more coding do you think that Inno is going to have to do for that? A lot. With a pre determined, resizable 4 positions it's a lot less coding.

DeletedUser

mhh do you think..?
i dont know..making such a little window as we already have multiple inside the game, which appears at every page? then nothing needs to get changed, only added

ok but lets leave that up to the devs then^^ theyll know whats too much work and what works^^

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Those things / changes that seem to be small ones only, can cause a lot of work. Believe me. :D

DeletedUser1316

so...... Typhi is there enough information here for you to pass it on?

DeletedUser1316

After re-reading your last post Typhi I think we all do agree with hohes's idea. And yes the whole notebook would be shown.

Is this going to get passed on?