Implemented: Notebook Improvement Idea

DeletedUser1313

why do you only want to offer 4 positions for that?
i mean, when you can drag it to where ever you want to, plus change it in size (like the map, not only quadratically), is this not just perfect? then everybody could have it where ever he wants it and however he wants it so...?

Actually, they have the pop up window code written. (Pop up window at world start) So.. maybe this is the way to go. (One does have to wonder about the code it takes to make a window stretchable. Does this feature require more server space?)

Either way:
- Drop Down Window
- Stretchable Pop Up
- Original Idea of locating below the quick bar and scrollable

They all would be an step forward and IMO bring more enjoyment and functionality to the game. Would also be a reason to remain premium.

DeletedUser

Looks interesting, but don't think I'd really use it. I keep the notebook in a seperate tab when I want to look at it.

I agree it might be helpful with sitters though

DeletedUser1313

I've noticed other suggestions that were discussed for a shorter period of time have been passed on. Seeing this, I assume this suggestion is one that won't be passed on. Unfortunate in my opinion as nearly everyone I've spoken to likes the idea.

DeletedUser

Being talked about, and coming to a solid conclusion of what'd be best way to implement this idea are two different things.

I personally got lost somewhere between all the threads, it would probably be good if the ideas were looked back at, and put together in a clear concise way, so there'd be something to pass on.

I believe I've read about docking, undocking, sticky'ng it on a page somewhere, changes to how it could be edited, how not....
What exactly is the final idea?

DeletedUser73

I've noticed other suggestions that were discussed for a shorter period of time have been passed on. Seeing this, I assume this suggestion is one that won't be passed on. Unfortunate in my opinion as nearly everyone I've spoken to likes the idea.

Aye, what AYK said. Also, I've still got a good 30 tabs open for the ideas I haven't gotten around to yet (including this one)

DeletedUser73

OK, so to sum up:

An arrow added next to the 'Notebook' top-menu entry
arrow_down_padd.png
which will dock the notebook (200 pixel height) to the top of your screen, under your quickbar. See image below:

Posting a Picture for everyone to see.

My suggestion is to have the notebook visible (and scrollable) from any page. (I've made the picture with the rally and notebook)
In other words, the notebook would have an option allowing players to "make it visible" (i referred to it as docking/undocking)

ActiveNotebook.png

Notice the notebook entries are visible as are the quickbars and... if I were waring and sending, I'd want the notebook to be scrollable so the current op(s) are visible.

Additionally, players may also want to dock to the left or right side of the screen. Unless you've got an incredible amount of space on the side of your screen, it might be good for the option to be included in your notebook to put all content in vertical columns so that you can format it ideally for the condensed side-view you'd receive.

Everyone agreed? :p

DeletedUser1313

agree, though some want it to float. (like the startup window to get the bonus resources)