Implemented: Notebook Improvement Idea

DeletedUser1313

I created this in the .net forum and have been asked to create a link to in on the beta forum

Please check it out, many are in favor of it.

.Net Forum Post Link

Thanks for your opinions!!

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Would be better to introduce this idea here completely with some nice screens instead of linking it to .net. ;)

DeletedUser1312

hasn't this already been done with the "village notebook" (think)

DeletedUser1313

hasn't this already been done with the "village notebook" (think)

absolutely not. the village notebook isn't visible when on a rally point and furthermore, if you click a bb code on the village notebook or within the notebook itself, the window changes and the notebook disappears.

my suggestion is to give premium players the option of opening the notebook at the top of the page and with it open on the top of the page it remains visible much like the quick bar. (call it a quick notebook) The advantages are numberous but.. the largest would be when doing ops on a large scale.

Say you have a 40 send op in your notebook, attacks are labeled 01 - 40 (sequentially). As it is now, you open the notebook, click the bb code and the window opens to the link you clicked but.. in this instance (with the notebook always open and visible) you click the bb code link, the window changes but the planned attack (with its send from and send to at send time) is visible.

Additionally, for sitters, when they'd sign in, the notebook would be staring back at them with any and all "special instructions" showing.

I refer to this as a dock/undock notebook option.

DeletedUser1316

I'm one of the posters from the .net forums that greatly supports this idea.

A docked notebook would be of extreme use, the notebook would always be showing and therefor while co-playing, you can leave notes for your co-player(s) and they would see them right as they log in. This is just one of the many uses this new feature would be used for.

Regards,
-Repinski, w47-w49 Auto Updating Map Manager on .net

DeletedUser1312

absolutely not. the village notebook isn't visible when on a rally point and furthermore, if you click a bb code on the village notebook or within the notebook itself, the window changes and the notebook disappears.

my suggestion is to give premium players the option of opening the notebook at the top of the page and with it open on the top of the page it remains visible much like the quick bar. (call it a quick notebook) The advantages are numberous but.. the largest would be when doing ops on a large scale.

Say you have a 40 send op in your notebook, attacks are labeled 01 - 40 (sequentially). As it is now, you open the notebook, click the bb code and the window opens to the link you clicked but.. in this instance (with the notebook always open and visible) you click the bb code link, the window changes but the planned attack (with its send from and send to at send time) is visible.

Additionally, for sitters, when they'd sign in, the notebook would be staring back at them with any and all "special instructions" showing.

I refer to this as a dock/undock notebook option.

ahh.. I'm sorry :) I mis understood what was meant at first. then yes I completely agree with your Idea!

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I just changed the window width back to 840px and was asking myself, where to dock it. ;) So, could you prepare a screen please, where you want to dock the notebook in the rally point screen?

The other point is: do you want to have the normal village notebook docked there or another (new) one?

DeletedUser

i like this idea

a little
arrow_down_padd.png
next to the "notebook" in the header, and when clicking it a window pops up which looks exactly like the window for the village notebook if you click edit in the village oderview

897910-1121201023940am.png

this window can be dragged to bigger or smaller, and moved around, so everybody can have it as big as they want it and at the place where they want it, its alwas in the foreground

this would not only be usefull for coplayers and sitters!
also when you for example want to send an attack at a specific time, and while you wait you dont want to remember it, then you can write it there
or when you want to work at a list, list of coords, whatever..you can see it while working on it and dont always have to switch to the notebook and back

DeletedUser1312

might just be on my computer but theres a large gap to the left of TW for me when I'm on both the village and the RP thats just sitting there as empty space (think) you could always use that, then on the map it depends on how large you like your map on if you'd have to make it overlap.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1313

The suggestion has been overwhelmingly positive on the .net thread and appears to be just as favorable here. Might we get a Mod (if its not already been done) to forward this suggestion to the admins?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes, good idea, now I always have to open 2 tabs and switch all the time to see when I have to send something.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
You can see the status of an idea on the prefix before it's title (needs feedback, passed on, rejected, implemented). :)

But anyway I still don't see a real advantahe in the idea, but maybe this depends on how I handle it, because I open the notebook, open all villages in new tabs and then send the attacks (from villages in group offenses) and only need to switch through my villages then.

DeletedUser

yes, but if you forgot on what time you need to send your troops, you have to switch back.

DeletedUser1313

You can see the status of an idea on the prefix before it's title (needs feedback, passed on, rejected, implemented). :)

I assume if the prefix is there, nothing has been decided. Hence why I asked if a mod might forward it.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I assume if the prefix is there, nothing has been decided. Hence why I asked if a mod might forward it.

Typhi normally only forwards things if he is convinced himself by the arguments posted here. ^^

DeletedUser1313

well, if he were to follow the link to .net, then he'd find it is a favorable idea on the .net server and to dock/undock the notebook shouldn't require much editing of the current layout. (making it adjustable may require a little more, yes.)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Sorry, it's not my decision of course, but this is not the correct way in my opinion. I can't simply link to any ideas on .DE forum that are favorable and ask the mods to pass it on, just because it's favorable there. ;)

So, let's see about the feedback here and then we accept Typhi's decision, what happens with the idea. ;)

DeletedUser

im for this idea its a nice one
but yeah no stress its like 1 day here now so no need to hurry^^

DeletedUser1313

Sorry, it's not my decision of course, but this is not the correct way in my opinion. I can't simply link to any ideas on .DE forum that are favorable and ask the mods to pass it on, just because it's favorable there. ;)

So, let's see about the feedback here and then we accept Typhi's decision, what happens with the idea. ;)

ofc, and we all know that the best things are worth waiting on. :cool:

DeletedUser302

have to agree, it's a rather useful thing if implemented, i had to use wordpad up till now for it but it's rather annoying to use...
but what's with the pressure of the people on .net? if it's implemented a week later or sooner it won't make much difference, most people have been playing without it for years :S