Passed On: Noble Claims shown on Player Profile

DeletedUser

I give full credit to a poster on .net whom I'm going to rip the idea off of.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=220249

Simple as the title says.
Show the lock simple the co-ords on a players profile, if a tribe member (or you) has claimed it.
This would act as an OP page, instead of having to create them in the forums, you could just link ops to the players profile (which we all do already!)

I even made a pretty pic pic.

96duz4.png

DeletedUser

This is definitely a great idea, only thing I'd add is the ability to claim villages right from the players profile, and also be able to view shared reports from there as well!
Something like this (yeah, I realize it's not very good, but I made that in literally 20 seconds!):

[SPOIL]
2371243_TW-picture_620.jpg
[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

I could go with the ability to claim/unclaim from the player profile page, however use pictures so it's universal, and you'd need it to be claim, unclaim, or nothing in the case of a tribe member already having it claimed.

Reports however are not necessary, just click on the village, and it takes you to the overview, and you can see the last 10 reports.

Perhaps like this: ?

24m8izc.png

Grey - You can click to claim. (or make a pic that differs from a lock to be less confusing)
Gold - Your claim, you can click to unclaim.
Blue - Tribemate has claimed, you cannot click

If all the little pics with logic take too long to load, possibly have a switch on the profile to view/hide claims, defaulted to hidden? (thinking long term here)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser73

I'm all in favour of the original idea, though I have slight reservations about being able to claim from the profile as well. Though I can't cite any extensive late-game experience, isn't it preferable that players pick and choose carefully from among the available villages?

Definitely good to show the difference between your own claims and your tribe's claims though. (Y)

DeletedUser

Though I can't cite any extensive late-game experience, isn't it preferable that players pick and choose carefully from among the available villages?

Not really sure how this hampers that in anyway?
Unless you mean in regards to OP's where your only taking a limited number of villages from a player, and you don't want to see all villages being available.
In the end however, you can still claim by clicking the villages into background tabs (I do this now), and claiming.
And you can still list villages (if as a tribe you really want to).

I think what you would see happening if you could claim from the profile, is a proximity sort script being made that works on the profile, which would allow you to sort to a specified co-ordinate, thus listing all the closest villages to where you want at the top, making it far easier to be selective, while claiming quickly.

DeletedUser

AYK's right: while claiming solely from the player village list would be stupid (as you wouldn't know in the vast majority of cases where you were claiming), but being able to just have the map open and the player's page would seriously decrease the amount of tabs you'd have to have open.

DeletedUser

All good points, but what about having each players villages automatically sorted by K? That way you could quickly see what villages are in the K you want to noble in, and hit the claim button next to the village (I like AYKs idea of the different colored lock buttons for claiming as well, like I said, I put absolutely no effort into making the image I added, just had the idea is all -the resource thing was also a pointless idea, I haven't a PA in several months, so I forgot that the last reports were already showed when you clicked the village... lol)

DeletedUser

AYK's right: while claiming solely from the player village list would be stupid (as you wouldn't know in the vast majority of cases where you were claiming), but being able to just have the map open and the player's page would seriously decrease the amount of tabs you'd have to have open.

The new Map context menu actually allows you to claim right on the map, you click on a village, and several options from the village overview page now pop up (send troops, resources, message, make claim, make notes)