Passed On: neighbouring villages troops and ressources

DeletedUser

id like to see the troops/ressources of the neighbouring villages in the rally point

like this skript did on .de:

troopnach.png

ressnach.png

but as the skript doesnt work good/at all anymore and is not supported anymore, and as ingame is always better because all the players can use it, i would love to have it as feature of the game itself :)

DeletedUser1013

Yes I think this feature would go very nicely with the upgrade I suggested to show unit travel times there, together they would be extremely useful.

Perhaps to also add merchants to those unit travel times I suggested to tie in with this suggestion. Thus on the market front, you can see how long it would take a merchant to get there and how much resources you have to send.

Perhaps to also show how many available merchants are in each village, it looks like possibly the script you screen shot was meant to do this but hadn't functioned properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I personally don't make much use of sending resources between villages, excpet using a resource balancing script.

DeletedUser

and of sending troops not, too? :p
i mean..when you got some incs on a village and want to get deff there as soon as possible, then i use the neighbouring villages..but then i always have to click on every village there, to see which has deff troops, or which is empty or got off
so if you would see right at the page there would be no need in clicking on all the villages

and for the ressources..never got the case that you want to build a noble fast and dont have enough ressources, or one specific building which you really need, but cant because of too few ress there atm? then i use it too..and then would also be good to see this

of course the troops more important than the ress..but.. :)

DeletedUser

I guess I use scripts for everything I do in regards to troop movements, resource movements.

But to answer your question.

Defense Related:
[spoil]If it's a close range troop coming, I open up the combined overview, hit a sort script to sort them to the village in question, then run another script to pull up travel times to that co-ord, which you can enter a time away to highlight those times green/red depending if they can make it or not, or black if you omit a travel time. (see spoiler)
[spoil]
2a6w6q1.png
Done with 6:00 hours as the time out for the attacks[/spoil]

If I have a pile of trains longer range, I dump my troops into my excel multi planner I wrote, I run a couple of macros to give me lists of defensive, offensive, scout, noble villages (Can use it for planning attacks or defense). Then I can generally find troops immediately to put in front of the trains so I can enjoy my day, using my planner.
[/spoil]

As for your question on resources for a noble, I'm on a packet world, have been for 2 years, so that's never an issue, however when I do need resources for a farm, the naming convention of my villages puts them close together in my lists so I just need to flip to the next couple of villages, or back a couple, and I'll have all the resources I need generally under 12 minutes.

Some things I think are better done with scripts, and some screens if you put too much information on them will just make them too complex for the regular user to understand.

I would love to see something implemented in regards to defense, personally I think one of the biggest failings on players in various communities is their lack of will to defend, because they think it's impossible, when the reality is, it's far from that, defending is one of the easiest things in the game.

If I were to suggest an implementation on the troops side, instead of cluttering up a rally point further, I'd put it right on the combined overview.

Sort/Compare to Co-Ord ( ) <-- player enters a co-ord, and the list will sort closest to furthest from that co-ord, and troop times will populate under each village.
Enter landing time ( ) <-- player enters the landing time, and it will color the ones that can make that landing time in green. (red is overkill for not making it, can really leave those in black and save on recolor times on the screen.).

And on top of that, you could put a little button on incoming attacks, that will open up the combined overview, and populate these two fields with the information from the attack, to make it very easy for users when defending.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In reading back through, I also just realized your suggesting putting this information on a different spot than just the rally point. To be honest I've never once in my tw career, used that neighbouring villages option (i dont' ever recall noticing it was there lol).

To have the information there wouldn't complicate things for users who want to play the game in the simplest forms (not seeing a cluttered RP), so I'd really have no issue with the info there. I wouldn't find it particularly useful, but others I'm sure would.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
As far as I remember this idea was refused on .DE because of a very high server load.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
server load?
not more server load than when you click on the overview!

Oh yes, it is. ^^

It needs many queries and calculations in the background to find the neighbouring villages and to get actual troop data, resources etc.. Maybe you remember the discussion on .DE about the combined overview and updating the troops in this overview. ;)

DeletedUser

to find the neighbouring villages?? thats already done, no matter if this idea is implemented or not
all which would be added, is to look how many ressources and troops have these villages (which we alread found)

can you give me the link where they said its too much server load (this idea) please?

DeletedUser

What exactly are you pushing?

If you don't have a new idea to offer, or question to ask, or some form of contribution, don't bother pushing it.
Just because an idea falls off the first page, doesn't mean it's ignored by the devs.

DeletedUser

typhi said:
feel free to bump any old ideas that you feel haven't been given enough attention.

because i think it should be passed on..
and maybe like this someone who doesnt read the forum so often sees these threads the first time through this and can give his opinion..then we got 1 more opinion and maybe this one helps to get it passed on...

DeletedUser

Oh great.

/me runs off to bump 11 pages of Needs Feedback ideas, so that everyone can see them.

DeletedUser73

As you may have noticed, I've been taking it a bit slow with passing on ideas lately. As it stands, the devs and such are all quite busy with wrapping up 7.0 - I think it'd be best if we wait a bit before I start assaulting them with all your brilliant ideas again. Better for both their stress levels and for the possibility of getting stuff implemented. ;P

DeletedUser73

Yes I know I'm double posting, but it serves a purpose in this case.

If the idea was already suggested and declined on .DE because of the high server load, we won't be able to work it in from here either.