Implemented: Militia

DeletedUser

I also think you should have the ability to 'Send your Militia back to work', rather than wait the 6 hours that it takes now.

They would still be on a 6 hour cooldown timer though right? Otherwise you could be abusive with them.

DeletedUser

I disagree, the 6 hour makes it cost something, obviously the loss of resources for 6 hours. Otherwise you would draft them a few seconds before an attack and send them straight back, thus not really costing you anything at all.

DeletedUser

RIP: Old milita picture.

Welcome: New milita picture. (Much better then my paint skills i must say)

DeletedUser803

militia.jpg

I liked the old one better too....
change back please!!!!
:)

also, in a more serious note..

how is that motley crew supposed to defend against archers and calvary?

DeletedUser

militia.jpg

I liked the old one better too....
change back please!!!!
:)

also, in a more serious note..

how is that motley crew supposed to defend against archers and calvary?

Well the guy with the pitch fork holds it out in front of him impaling the horsies, then the guy on the right chops the riders heads off. As for the archers, the guy in the back left spins his thrasher round supa duper fast which reflects the arrows back at the archers in a deadly barrage.

DeletedUser803

I guess that is as good of an explanation as anything!

thanks; Giraffe

DeletedUser1201

My resource production got halfed.... Is it because of recruiting militia???

DeletedUser

i dont remember who mentioned if there could be put a timer next to the militia in the village overview, but i find this a good idea, its a bit annoying to always click on the farm to see how much time theres left until they are gone again ;)

like this:

timerk.png

DeletedUser

a timer would be very usefull^^

here is a translation of that militia stuff
--------
If you expect an attack, you can set up your militia for defence.
This has the following effects:
As soon as you own more than 2 villages, you can put up no more militia
The militia remains 6 hours stationed
The production of all raw materials is lowered for the duration of the stationing about 50% in each case
You get 20 militia per farm step (to at most level 15)
Now put up the militia!

DeletedUser

My opinion is about the militia is that it is too weak to deter the stronger players with a lot of troops.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Just a matter of your point of view. I think it is already discussed in another thread that militia is too strong. ^^

DeletedUser

Yes, but the question is, who's discussing that it's too strong? I'd submit that better players will believe they are too strong because they can lose precious farm troops right off the bat putting them behind. But that's the point of the militia isn't it?

Personally I'd rather see milita being stronger, but put in a restriction that you can't recruit them if you have x number of troops recruited already.
That way those who get their troops wiped over night, can recruit the militia to save them from being farmed until they can get their troops back up.

After about 4 days into this world, militia became useless for those who needed them, and helpful to those who didn't. (which in my eyes, misses the whole reason for milita).

DeletedUser

Ive got to agree they are underpowered like ive said. They are strong against Calavary but abysimal against Axes, therefore it takes less losses using axes to clear militia then LC. So When You put 300 Militia VS 200 Axes (lvl 1), No wall the Axes win, with less then a half losses.
Now you do the same with a lvl 20 wall (likely not this high at the start). The Militia Wins.
However normally for the first few weeks you have lvl 10-20 wall.
So for lvl 10 the Axes win but only just.

(Note all this at 0 Luck, And Church not in effect)

Therefore yes you should put a restriction like having 500 Troops.
However you should make much stronger,
Like putting these instead of its current ones.
Attack=1
Infantry Defense=100
Calvary Defense=80
Archer Defense=80

That way it means that its much harder for them to be beaten until a strong army has been established. And They get weaker against the troops which take longer to be built. (Stable troops are better then Infantry)

Also with these improvements it would be best to have 75% of Encampment production to be reduced by. So then its harder to rebuild after using these and you and the opponent is on low amount of resources. Since you dont have that many troops to farm (if you dodged, due to max of 500 troops) then your opponent may not of sent their full force so they can raid as well, or things like that.