Implemented: Militia

DeletedUser73

Update to Version X.X2

[....]

New Features

[t]Militia[/t] - A new unit has been added to early game - Militia. In the event of an attack, you can request your villagers take up arms to defend their home with a button inside your Farm building. This will however have the effect of reducing your mines' production by 50% for as long as your Militia is active. The number of Militia you can request is dependant on your farm level. As it currently stands you will receive 20 Militia for each farm level up to farm 15.

----

TyphiNOTE:
I've merged the two threads we had going into this one.

DeletedUser803

Q&D: Militia

sounds a lot like Grepolis to me..

what are the stat's for 'Militiamen'?

DeletedUser

Militia 0 0 0 0 5 15 45 25 0 0

Thats 5 attack, not that they can attack, but it makes them feel better.

15 General Defense, 45 Cavalry Defense, 25 Archer Defense.

Every other stat is 0, they cant move (concrete boots), don't cost anything (pitchforks are already paid for in farm upgrades), cost no farm space (Well they dont have to walk so they don't eat much) and they can't carry anything (well if you can't walk, carrying things would be pretty pointless.)

An interesting thought I had earlier about militia men - They cant attack, so you can't snipe with them by standard means, however, if you were to time their drafting perfectly you might be able to use a new form of sniping which I shall dub 'Draft sniping' :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser803

thanks for info.

and it would be possible to snipe with these 'troops' (I use that term very loosely)...

just need to time it to convert them into militiamen right before noble lands....

DeletedUser

thanks for info.

and it would be possible to snipe with these 'troops' (I use that term very loosely)...

just need to time it to convert them into militiamen right before noble lands....

Yeah that's what I said here; :)

An interesting thought I had earlier about militia men - They cant attack, so you can't snipe with them by standard means, however, if you were to time their drafting perfectly you might be able to use a new form of sniping which I shall dub 'Draft sniping' :p

DeletedUser

do you know what happens if they are dead? how long will you have to wait until you can put them up again?

and maximum per village are 300, right? so when your villages are build up, you can anytime just let 300 troops appear when you need them

so actually they are rather for the beginning game, than for the later part..? because then everybody just sends some more troops with every noble, so that 300 troops wouldnt change anything

DeletedUser

Hmmm, no idea on the dead front, perhaps you have to just wait until that 6 hours is up?

Yeah 300 is the max, that can defend and kill off a noble with 100 axe, or a noble with 100 lc, which until now has been a pretty standard back noble party. Everyone could send more to compensate in the back, but they could and would do that anyway if they were going to due to other snipe methods. Dont forget, its one hell of a long shot to time that right anyway lol

DeletedUser

Militia will be available only for new worlds or it will be implented also on already existing?

DeletedUser

Militia was a feature put in to stop players being farmed early on, it was never really meant for defending villages against noble attacks.

DeletedUser

Militia was a feature put in to stop players being farmed early on, it was never really meant for defending villages against noble attacks.

No, I am sure it wasn't, but never the less it is a clear side effect. Hopefully the devs will be reviewing discussions like this, so it is important to talk about the sort of tactics than can, and undoubtedly will be employed by people using this new feature. That way they can look to adapt the new feature in some way if they do not like this side effect.

DeletedUser

No, I am sure it wasn't, but never the less it is a clear side effect. Hopefully the devs will be reviewing discussions like this, so it is important to talk about the sort of tactics than can, and undoubtedly will be employed by people using this new feature. That way they can look to adapt the new feature in some way if they do not like this side effect.

Agreed there.

Personally I'd love to see the ability to recruit militia go away after you noble your first village.
Once you have two, your clearly past the farming harassment stage, so there'd be no need, plus you should at that point have an organized army, so what need would there be for militia?

DeletedUser

Good idea, perhaps an easy way to set it would be to have requirements as Farm level 1 and Academy = 0

DeletedUser

What do you think about display ressources sth like this 'wood 123/246' while having militia?

DeletedUser

I understand why you would suggest it, but I am not sure why I personally don't think it would be neccesary, perhaps it would make things look a bit cluttered? Can I meet you half way on your idea and suggest some sort of symbol on the main page representing that you have recruited your militia and resources are halved? Perhaps the awesome picture of the militia man from inside the farm, he is super cool.

DeletedUser

I think it will be great for new Players. This way they a better chance at staying alive

DeletedUser

It is still in balancing, the more you can pitpoint and talk the more we can balance the feature. Thereof also a reset of the server. We have to test it. =)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Would be really nice to show the production like this (as it is already inside the mine etc., when militia is active):

prod1.png

DeletedUser

I would say make them slightly weaker, or drop resource income by 3/4 instead of 1/2. Since you can easily use axes to clear other players and there militia, then when they try to backtime you, you can have a high lvl farm to kill all their troops with. While Suffering Less Loses. Which means this gives a slightly amped up attacker.

Also the stats show that militia are weakest against Infantry like Axes. Which means they are not as useful ingame, and the Archer and General Defense Should be switched around, so They are better against Axes, then MA which not many people use post nobles.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser73

I would say make them slightly weaker, or drop resource income by 3/4 instead of 1/2. Since you can easily use axes to clear other players and there militia, then when they try to backtime you, you can have a high lvl farm to kill all their troops with. While Suffering Less Loses. Which means this gives a slightly amped up attacker.

Also the stats show that militia are weakest against Infantry like Axes. Which means they are not as useful ingame, and the Archer and General Defense Should be switched around, so They are better against Axes, then MA which not many people use post nobles.

Could we get some more feedback like this? :)

Agreed there.

Personally I'd love to see the ability to recruit militia go away after you noble your first village.
Once you have two, your clearly past the farming harassment stage, so there'd be no need, plus you should at that point have an organized army, so what need would there be for militia?

Oh my - this is my personal preference as well. Passed on.

Would be really nice to show the production like this (as it is already inside the mine etc., when militia is active):

prod1.png

Passed on.

DeletedUser803

I personally think the militia are way to powerful for what they are.

I think they should only have
Attack=5
General Defense=10

No Calvary defense
and
No Archery defense

for both of these, I don't see 'militia' carrying shields, just basic weapons, like pitchforks, shovels, hammers, axes, etc... (basic tools of the trade and an occasional sword or a spear), and hard to stop calvary, and especially archers without shields.
And to say they have a 45 defense against Heavy Calvary, which was nearly impossible to defend against back in the olden days.

I also think they should go away when you build the Academy. That was an excellent idea.

I also think you should have the ability to 'Send your Militia back to work', rather than wait the 6 hours that it takes now.