Implemented: Milestone Awards

DeletedUser880

I don't see a problem with that.

Not me either, so its added:)

Update:

Added changelog and other stuff to the first post. Also an suggestion for a solution for the wood frame problem. Be sure to check it out, and disscussion is wanted. (Its also quoted below).

- Wood frame isin't added for reason stated below:

Milestones, usually only show show the top 3 players who reached set requierments first. Ingame should not be any diffrent, it would just look strange that 4th player is allowed to be added to the top 3. When 4th place is a: "Close but no sigar" type of thing. Milestones is an accomplishment to be proud of not something easy to get.

However, there may be a award called "Close but no sigar" witch only has wood frame. Who is given as a standard to those who got to one of the milestone requierments as 4th. This award should give 0 award points. - This is the only solution i could think of if there should be a wooden frame award.

DeletedUser847

Love the idea for milestone awards it means that people will put more effort in and could up the anti on competition in worlds

DeletedUser

This would be really exciting it it came through. I for one would try harder to reach that special milestone if it were placed on my profile that I achieved it.

Good suggestion!

DeletedUser880

Love the idea for milestone awards it means that people will put more effort in and could up the anti on competition in worlds

Yeah, i agree:).

This would be really exciting it it came through. I for one would try harder to reach that special milestone if it were placed on my profile that I achieved it.

Good suggestion!

Indeed, so would I hehe..

DeletedUser73

This is good. If nothing else, there will be no more fighting about who got which milestone first. :p

DeletedUser880

This is good. If nothing else, there will be no more fighting about who got which milestone first. :p

Haha, yeah=).

Btw Typhi, may i hear your toughts about best way to copy this "Statistics List" to a forum for disscussion.

There's either an Auto-updateable img file, like they use for auto-updateable maps. However, this is generated by tools outside TW. And theres probbably a reason why they don't use it.

Or there is an Export button, like the one used with mails.

What would be the best option?

DeletedUser73

Would it really be necessary to copy the Statistics list to a forum for discussion if everyone can see it on its own page? And if you copied it, it would soon be out of date.

(Oh and I doubt it would be an auto-updated image, images cost more server space.)

DeletedUser880

Would it really be necessary to copy the Statistics list to a forum for discussion if everyone can see it on its own page? And if you copied it, it would soon be out of date.

(Oh and I doubt it would be an auto-updated image, images cost more server space.)

It was suggested. For those who might be intrested seeing the milestone stats without joining the server on the forum i guess. And it takes smaller time copying the whole list with one of theese metods.

I knew there was a downside with those images thank you:). An export button is an easy fix for that suggestion then and it shouldn't be hard to do. Its just copy the list, and put it into BB-codes as far as I can tell:).

Thx again.