Implemented: Length of input field for target url - edit quick bar

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
The input field for the target url for entries in the quick bar is very short and it is very difficult to find strings then that you want to change. Maybe it is possible to make it (much) bigger.

DeletedUser73

Hmm, well most of my playing occurred during a blissful time in which I was as yet unaware of scripts - how much actual editing goes on in that box? I apologise for the somewhat petty question, but is it enough to warrant making the page look... awkward?

DeletedUser1013

It really would be, if you have a farming script with say 100 village coordinates, and as always happens someone nobles one of your barbs, then you have to search all the way through those coordinates to edit out the ones you don't want. It is so awkward to try and do it in that tiny field that I actually copy and paste the whole script to notepad so that I can work with it.

Perhaps the field could appear the same size but have a link to turn it into a much larger box. Same way you can make the message box larger or smaller.

DeletedUser

It really would be, if you have a farming script with say 100 village coordinates, and as always happens someone nobles one of your barbs, then you have to search all the way through those coordinates to edit out the ones you don't want. It is so awkward to try and do it in that tiny field that I actually copy and paste the whole script to notepad so that I can work with it.

Perhaps the field could appear the same size but have a link to turn it into a much larger box. Same way you can make the message box larger or smaller.

Wouldn't you want to copy it to notepad anyways so you could use ctrl-f to find the co-ord, and not have to look through them all?

DeletedUser1013

That is true, though personal my eyes are quite fast with numbers so if the field was big enough then I can usually spot it.

Either way that was just an example, chisum as a script editor would like it for other purposes.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
@Typhi: the size is set to 40 actually - not very much ^^

I am a little bit lazy and I don't like to open an editor if I want to make changes in a script (I'm doing that very often, but don't ask me why ^^) . So, for me personally it would be much easier to have a bigger or resizeable input field. :)

DeletedUser

hmmm....what if instead of making the input field ridiculously long, you make it taller? As AreYouKidden stated I normally copy to notepad and edit then repaste but it would be nice if that was no longer necessary.

As to your question Typhi it depends on the person. Personally I don't edit scripts too often as most of mine have popup boxes for variable that need to be constantly changed but I know some people who edit scripts almost constantly.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
If you mean with taller to set a different height (as it is for ingame messages for example) I am afraid that unexperienced players could use the return key in the field, what could destroy scripts. ;)

DeletedUser

possible but we shouldn't worry about designing for stupidity. :p

DeletedUser1078

If you mean with taller to set a different height (as it is for ingame messages for example) I am afraid that unexperienced players could use the return key in the field, what could destroy scripts. ;)

disable ENTER funtionality in the box? make it so ENTR only affect the ok, like when renaming a village