Passed On: Instant chat

DeletedUser

I have been wondering for sometime why we don't have a instant chat feature, with different 'set rooms' such as.

World Chat < where everyone one can talk, be able to select a world and check out other worlds as well :p
Tribe Chat < You and your current tribe can talk instantly, who needs Skype then?
Help Chat < a chat that is on all worlds so at-least 1 mod will be on-line at one time, will cut down the questions via the ticket system.

Just some examples.

Yes I understand that this would be expensive, but if done right would increase the amount of active players.

DeletedUser561

I like this idea. Benefits would be BB codes available in the chatroom, and no longer any problems with adding/removing new or quit players from a skype room, as they'll automatically be added or removed in concordance to the tribe.

DeletedUser646

Absolutely . Each and every MMO games i have played till now has this sort of chat feature.

Besides normal chat channels, there should be facility to set up private channels to enable secret operations chattings.

DeletedUser648

Lovely idea. However, I think this is what IRC and Skype are for. But if it were to be integrated into the game, that'd be pretty cool.

DeletedUser

Excellent idea.

Could we have a Developer comment on this please?

DeletedUser

I like the Idea but there might be a few problems...
- It could cause lagg to the game (I think)
- Should be a good system for people with an older computer
- and it needs a report button for cursing and spam in the World chat (like just typing pagoakgaigai and than enter and do this again for 5 times :p)
and than you need new mod(s)
- will be expensive
- they will need a huge database

There are more negatives than positives imo

I think Skype/msn or something else is good too

DeletedUser

Yeah, the are cons of course. It would be nice if it could get looked into though and see exactly what it would take to implement it.

DeletedUser

TribalWars had an IRC. It went to hell with trolling and what not. Nothing serious happened, and there was barely any TW speak going on.

The best bet for this would just to have a world IRC, and that's about it.

cel micut

Reaction score
i belive that this ideea is good but will cause to much trafic and to sustain server on 20-40 world on some countrys will be very hard.

Romanian server, one/two mounths ago, crash every day... chat will be harder.

I like chat ideea :D

DeletedUser805

perhaps intigrate it serperatly, such as this forum? It would be good, but lags might mess it up. and it would be good if you could make it where everyone in your tribe can see it but not everybody can comment (such as people like me who randomly insert their opinion on an irrelevent topic lol)

DeletedUser

On there Pixabit production Dark Age Wars they have such a chat so it is possible. Also the messages in game (igm) are a sort of chat.

DeletedUser803

irc does take up a lot on a server, but nowhere near as much as skype does on each persons PC......
skype is a bigger problem than an irc channel would be to the individual TW player.

but a single 'world irc channel' would be a good idea, that would save a lot of posting on the external forums too.

and it's always good for a laugh when people start on each other on irc....

it would have to be seriously moderated though, to keep the trolling, soliciting, and other 'vulgar' aspects off of the chat.

DeletedUser

irc does take up a lot on a server, but nowhere near as much as skype does on each persons PC......
skype is a bigger problem than an irc channel would be to the individual TW player.

but a single 'world irc channel' would be a good idea, that would save a lot of posting on the external forums too.

and it's always good for a laugh when people start on each other on irc....

it would have to be seriously moderated though, to keep the trolling, soliciting, and other 'vulgar' aspects off of the chat.

You can censor words :p

DeletedUser

There is already a chat for tribalwars. But it is only allowed in the German Version, because you need Greasemonkey.

DeletedUser73

We realise that global instant chat is a much-demanded feature and I believe the possibilities will be looked into at some point. :)

DeletedUser557

TribalWars had an IRC. It went to hell with trolling and what not. Nothing serious happened, and there was barely any TW speak going on.

The best bet for this would just to have a world IRC, and that's about it.

There still is one for .net, just not sure if there is a specific one for the beta server.