Rejected: In-Game Improvals

DeletedUser1053

Sorry for any language errors, I´m portuguese. This is a translation from a great post by GoldSilver Ironsteel on the brazilian server.

1 > Diplomacy

I suggest that the diplomacy on tw is set to work like the village reservation sharing system.

One tribe sends the invitation to another, the invitations being visible at "Diplomacy", that way all diplomatic incidents regarding lack of attencion or betrayal would be over. If you try to attack, for example, an NAP, an warning should be shown as it happens when you try to attack a village reserved by a tribe mate.

2 > Ally/Tribemate Support

Many times when we receive massive support due to an coordinated mass attack, we can be mistaken by our allies, for example, you´re receiving 20 attacks in one village, however you are receiving 10 supports by an ally before the arrival of the attacks, you think the village is saved and then you end up loosing it because the support sent was of 100 spear each.
Also, when you receive 1000+ attacks it´s impossible to keep track with all your allies by personal message.
My suggestion is that you can see how much support is sent by allies,
So that the known strategy of sending false supports as fake doens´t end, only tribe mates or players in friends list could see the amount of support sent.

For example, if I´m your enemy, you wouldn´t be able to see how much support I send you, unless I was in your friends list.

3 > Report Filter

This is simple, instead of choosing wich type of report should be filtered, you would be able to choose to filter all reports generated by attacks / deffenses to a specific player or tribe.

For example, I would add in the filter "attacks to player" XXXXXX, anytime I would attack player XXXXXX I wouldn´t receive reports from that attack.

That´s good when you are envolved in massive attack operations, for example, you send real attacks (fulls plus nobles) to player XXXXXX wich is the target and 1000 fakes to player YYYYYY, you will receive 1000 fake reports on your report box that are completely useless.

4 > Units
When you want to change the type of troops in a village (from offensive to deffensive or the other way around), normally you send an suicidal attack in enemy village´s, so far so good, but the problem is when that village is really far away from any enemy villages or the enemy simply understands what you are doing and takes all the troops away from the village you attack.
Simple idea, there is building demolition, you should be able to dismiss units on the village gather point, pretty simple, just select how many units you want to dismiss and you have more farm space avaliable to change the kind of troops, create nobles, etc.

It would make the game both easier and more realistic.

You wouldn´t gain anything but farm space by dismissing units. You could only dismiss units that are from and in the village.

About the time that it would take, I suggest that it would be instant, but that´s on Innogames.

Greetz,
Lamios

DeletedUser1049

1> Back-stabs are part of the game, so, either you trust your allies or you don't have them.
there is no point on them, friendly wars are already made to people from same tribe don't hurt each other.

2> It would be nice to see whatever support is incoming.
still it would change a big part of the game, while sending attacks or fakes to certain villages and then sending support (fake or not), your enemy would be able to see what is coming and therefore will be able to know which village he would defend.

3> Probably the most usefull.
Report/message search function, when in regular worlds you get mass spamed and your Inbox reaches 50pages or more it's annoying to look over some messages, that are important or needed in certain occasions.
In reports when you have so many reports like over 2k report a day, you might lose some important reports, like scouting info, even saved reports will get lost in so many that you get ..

4> Suicide button for troops?
what's the point? it would only turn easier to conquest idle players.
sitter would kill defensive troops and if the player(s) conquering are medalwhores just would clear attacking villages, since it counts the number of troops defeated and not the OD.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Just some comments on these ideas:

ad 1) Isn't necessary in my opinion. I think reasons against this idea were already mentioned in another thread.
ad 2) Communication is everthing. If communication fails, something is wrong in the tribe. And this idea would make things to easy btw.
ad 3) I don't know yet, what to think about it. ^^
ad 4) I wouldn't like that on first view, but can't give any reasons for it yet.

DeletedUser1053

Just some comments on these ideas:

ad 1) Isn't necessary in my opinion. I think reasons against this idea were already mentioned in another thread.
ad 2) Communication is everthing. If communication fails, something is wrong in the tribe. And this idea would make things to easy btw.
ad 3) I don't know yet, what to think about it. ^^
ad 4) I wouldn't like that on first view, but can't give any reasons for it yet.

About 2, come talk to me about comunication when you have 15k + support incoming, and then tell me if it´s possible por anyone to keep track on PM...

still it would change a big part of the game, while sending attacks or fakes to certain villages and then sending support (fake or not), your enemy would be able to see what is coming and therefore will be able to know which village he would defend.

I talked about that, you could see the all thread.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
In my opinion it doesn't need to track everything by PM's. :)

You will ask, why not... The idea behind it is very simple, independend from the total number of incomings.

If I would need defense in village A it means I would post the number of needed troops for the village in the forum.
A post could look like that:

Village A - 40/40/40 for 02.09.2010 - 8.01 am
Village B - 30/30/30 for 03.09.2010 - 9.15 am
Village Z - 40/40/40 for 02.09.2010 - 11.45 pm

Every member of my former tribes was allowed to edit posts in those forums. So, everybody could write behind the villages for example: done by player A, done by player B etc.

This is what I mean with communication, for example. You can also call it organization, but this is up to you. It is also a matter of trust to allow all members to edit posts etc., of course, but this shouldn't be a problem in a good tribe with very limited number of members. ;)

DeletedUser1053

In my opinion it doesn't need to track everything by PM's. :)

You will ask, why not... The idea behind it is very simple, independend from the total number of incomings.

If I would need defense in village A it means I would post the number of needed troops for the village in the forum.
A post could look like that:

Village A - 40/40/40 for 02.09.2010 - 8.01 am
Village B - 30/30/30 for 03.09.2010 - 9.15 am
Village Z - 40/40/40 for 02.09.2010 - 11.45 pm

Every member of my former tribes was allowed to edit posts in those forums. So, everybody could write behind the villages for example: done by player A, done by player B etc.

This is what I mean with communication, for example. You can also call it organization, but this is up to you. It is also a matter of trust to allow all members to edit posts etc., of course, but this shouldn't be a problem in a good tribe with very limited number of members. ;)

Clearly not a leader. Completely unnaceptable that everyone edits tribe forum ;)

DeletedUser1013

Or clearly used to being in non-mass recruitment tribes where the tribe can actually trust every one of its members ;)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Clearly not a leader. Completely unnaceptable that everyone edits tribe forum ;)

Sorry, but I've been tribe leader for a very long time. This system works perfect. Giving responsibilities to the members is not a problem in good tribes. :)

But anyway if you don't want to give all the members the right to edit all posts (the only way in the internal forum), external forums can be very helpful in this case, where you can control permissions exactly. ^^

edit/ @Lost Dose: exactly :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

OK guys, my english is not good, but I will try answer all points.

1> Back-stabs are part of the game, so, either you trust your allies or you don't have them.
there is no point on them, friendly wars are already made to people from same tribe don't hurt each other.

Hummmm, nice point.

2> It would be nice to see whatever support is incoming.

Are you sure you read all thread? Plz, before post anything about a discussion, try read all words on the initial thread.

My suggestion is that you can see how much support is sent by allies,
So that the known strategy of sending false supports as fake doens´t end, only tribe mates or players in friends list could see the amount of support sent.

For example, if I´m your enemy, you wouldn´t be able to see how much support I send you, unless I was in your friends list.

4> Suicide button for troops?
what's the point? it would only turn easier to conquest idle players.
sitter would kill defensive troops and if the player(s) conquering are medalwhores just would clear attacking villages, since it counts the number of troops defeated and not the OD.

Suicide? Who said suicide? That is DISBAND not SUICIDE, if your boss kick you from the work you will suicide? That suggestion is not turn the villages more easy to conquer, that suggestion turn the game more easy to play, if you need change the troops of a village you need make a suicide attack, with taht sugestion you can just disband your troops.

About the OD, we can turn the disband with cooldown, like demolish.

DeletedUser1049

Are you sure you read all thread? Plz, before post anything about a discussion, try read all words on the initial thread.

Suicide? Who said suicide? That is DISBAND not SUICIDE, if your boss kick you from the work you will suicide? That suggestion is not turn the villages more easy to conquer, that suggestion turn the game more easy to play, if you need change the troops of a village you need make a suicide attack, with taht sugestion you can just disband your troops.

About the OD, we can turn the disband with cooldown, like demolish.

at ironsteel: while mass atacking and nobling you will want to have best results
avoiding less casualties if possible.
When you launch mass attacks you will want to send fakes, full nukes, NTs followed by some support.
in order your opponent not to find out which villages will be nobles targetting, if you that correctly he won't be able to snipe your nobles, you should launch fake supports to every village you launched fake attacks.

Suicide, yes. when you want to turn some village from def into off you will need to do something with these troops.
so launch them on another of your villages on some foes village.
This already happens when some1 retires from some world.
they launch everything at same person and give villages to friendly people or tribemates.

DeletedUser

Ironsteel can you set it up again in small pieces pls
that'll make the discussion more easy ;)

DeletedUser

1 > Diplomacy
2 > Ally/Tribemate Support
3 > Report Filter
4 > Units

Greetz,
Lamios

1> behind the scenes is a very important key in diplomacy
2> communication and trust is the key, if you don't trust your allies so they are not your allies.
3> seems the only good idea here, i like it.
4> suicide them on your own villages and you earned a free OD ;)