Implemented: Improved claiming system to intergrate with tribal forums

DeletedUser

This could be done via tribal forums, or another way... But I've seen too many tribes have something like a list, and a Forum mod/baron/duke has to update the list constantly just so people know which villages are claimed. This could minimize that, and help out tribes with more organization, and as well increase nobling times.

The idea of this system is a reply to http://forum.beta.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=864 as it can also help. This can bring in a deletion option if a tribe wishes to drop all claims on that person. A distribution system would look like this: ([box/name] means a drop down box) (X's next to claims are only available to users who have the right privileges within the tribe)

[player ]Player[/ player] is open to claim.

[village ]1|1[/ village] [Unclaimed]
[village ]1|1[/ village] [player ]Player1[/ player] X
[village ]1|1[/ village] [player ]Player1[/ player] X
[village ]1|1[/ village] [Unclaimed]

Drop down boxes include just "Claim village" or for people with privileges "Delete village" if it's reserved or something. Or even allow them to enter a name of a player who wants to claim the village, but isn't online or in the tribe. This would allow them to bring up a check box so that they can enter the name. After doing so, it will place the new players name with a notation next to it "Reserved by <insert player here>"

This can be done with a command or something like that on the tribal forums like [report_display]. It would print the villages and the drop down boxes onto a table so that it's aligned well and doesn't look choppy.

Upon setting a claim through this, it will set a claim on the village like a normal claim would. This is so that users can't go around and claim a village when it's been claimed on the forums.

This idea is still open to edition to allow fine tuning so it fits the profile for other users, but I know how annoying it is personally from setting claims, and dealing with fights over "Who claimed it first"...

Tell me what you think.

DeletedUser

I would also like to add, that when a player name has been entered into the command, or even a command box comes up where you can customize the settings for the claims made, the village list is automatically grabbed and displayed on the table.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
So, you finally mean something like this. :p

playerclaim.png

DeletedUser1013

If you are suggesting what I think you are suggesting, then this would be a very useful feature. Basically what you are saying is that a member of tribal leadership can enter the name of a player (Enemy), and it would bring up a list of all that players villages. Then tribe members can claim the villages directly from there, when a player claims say village 12 on the list, the claim would be added to the noble planner, and either tribal leadership or that player can delete their reservation there. Is that right as to what you are suggesting?

I have seen scripts used to pull a 'Claim list' from a player which is then copied into the forums as you say, but it is agreed that it is a lot of maintenance to keep it up to date.

I like this idea, hopefully chisum will be along on his magic carpet to give us some potential screenshots of what this will look like, he is good like that :p

Edit: He is too quick for me :D

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
The screen above is from an external forum, where this feature is included, but ingame it could also look like that. ;)

DeletedUser

@Lost Dose:
Exactly. The idea of this is to eliminate that very script, and any other hard work, which could possibly bring in annoyance and arguments. Practically what you said and a little bit more:

With that, let's say there's a button for it, and it will bring up the settings dialog, in there you can do the following:

Player:
Reason(MAYBE):
Claim timer: (Or set this to default within the tribe)
<Any more possible settings for claims, like limits or something>

Or, have it on a command like [claim]User[/claim] and it will do that with default tribal settings.

Practically, a claim on villages of a certain player can be done via the forums. So let's say a tribal leader sets a target with 50 villages. He can't noble them all, but needs help. He set's the claim up on the forums, then the table is up. Without users having to memorize the village areas, names, co-ords, or anything so they can go into the seperate villages can claim, they can do it on the forum post. Once they have selected the option to do so, then save it, it will update the thread, and notify people that the village can't be claimed again as it's been claimed by that player.

Easy, helpful and lazy. That's how I like it! Haha

@chisum:
Pretty much on the money there mate. Maybe the columns can be smaller and set to fit the forum sizes for players, or how their screen rez is set, but it is identical nearly to what I pictured it!

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
@chisum:
Pretty much on the money there mate. Maybe the columns can be smaller and set to fit the forum sizes for players, or how their screen rez is set, but it is identical nearly to what I pictured it!

As already written before: that screenshot is the old version from an external forum with that feature and just for illustration and the old version fitted best to your idea. ;)

DeletedUser

Yeah, you definitely helped though. Buttons are a better idea though, a drop-down box would be helpful as I said if we could edit in like a reservation for players outside the tribe or something.

If you go back and look at worlds that you've played in, no doubt there has been lists, and claim lists of players on forums for serious tribes. I know that in w31 on .net, I was in the Hell family, and we had claimed literally hundreds of players and successfully taken them down. But I myself, have seen cross claiming like that, so this is something I am all for.

DeletedUser

Is there any more feedback on this idea? The more we have the more likely it will or will not be implemented.

And I'm sure a lot of users want to see this :)

DeletedUser

i like this, but firstly i dont know how exactly this should work..because how should the tribal forum work together with the noble planner? isnt that a bit too confusing?
and secondly, maybe i would change this a bit..so that you not only can make the villages of a whole player as a "claim list", but also any villages you want to be in such a list (as you could make it in the tribal forum)

i didnt got all of what was meant, but maybe this could look like that, if i got you right..?

specialnobleclaims.png