Rejected: [Idea] Losing Valuable Resources :( (Automatic Screen Refreshing) STOPPED HERE

DeletedUser

In the beginning of the game when your constantly sending out troops and troops are constantly returning from runs.

When you will press on your farming script to fill in coordinates and desired amount of troops, sometimes before you can hit "ok" to send the troops, some of your troops will return resetting the whole page. This makes it where you skip a village in your script.

This normally wouldn't be a problem but since I'm rushing for resources I don't have time to check and see if troops are about to return...so it happens a lot. And when it happens a lot you lose a lot of valuable resources.

I didn't know if there could be something done to prevent that?
The public opinion?

DeletedUser

The question I guess isn't whether it's done or not; from what I can see, without some sort of browser optimisation it's probably impossible, but if enough people agree to it, it could possibly be considered as a setting that could be turned on or off in an account's settings: "Automatically refresh screen to update troops" or some such.

The way I see it, there are definite advantages to it: i.e, as Honour is saying, it would prevent large numbers of troops coming back completely screwing up your attempts to send attacks out. I know for a fact that it would be well received on the speed servers where sometimes it's impossible to send out an attack or even move away from a page because it's refreshing too fast. At the same time, if it doesn't update automatically, it could make dodging, backtiming, and various other tactics more difficult, and would also penalise a player who is being slightly lazy or has so much going on that they start to forget things. This duality of advantages and disadvantages is why I'm offering up the suggestion of a setting that could be turned on and off, for you all to discuss.

The question is (well, are :p): is it wanted enough to be developed? Do you think it's feasible? Would you use it if it was developed? Do you think that it will give too much of an advantage to certain players, and why?

DeletedUser

I agree with this as well honour. I would definitely use it because it's been annoying me recently. I suppose I don't normally notice it on .net because the speed is lower.

DeletedUser883

I agree with this it has happened to me many times.

DeletedUser1013

I think this is a brilliant idea, it is so frustrating when you cant do anything because it keeps refreshing.

I also much prefer the idea of being able to turn it on and off, preferably to have this option actually available on the rally point as well as in the settings.

Just a suggestion to offer to add to this, perhaps a setting where you could set how long in between refreshes, so you could set it to refresh say every 5 seconds. :)

DeletedUser

Just a suggestion to offer to add to this, perhaps a setting where you could set how long in between refreshes, so you could set it to refresh say every 5 seconds. :)

I think Opera has a built in option to do this anyway LD. Right click and go to "reload every >" and you'll see it.

DeletedUser1013

I think Opera has a built in option to do this anyway LD. Right click and go to "reload every >" and you'll see it.

It does yes, but this doesn't prevent Tribal wars from refreshing itself when an attack lands or returns, when you're on the rally point etc.

DeletedUser

In the beginning of the game when your constantly sending out troops and troops are constantly returning from runs.

When you will press on your farming script to fill in coordinates and desired amount of troops, sometimes before you can hit "ok" to send the troops, some of your troops will return resetting the whole page. This makes it where you skip a village in your script.

This normally wouldn't be a problem but since I'm rushing for resources I don't have time to check and see if troops are about to return...so it happens a lot. And when it happens a lot you lose a lot of valuable resources.

I didn't know if there could be something done to prevent that?
The public opinion?

to add to this awesome option maybe also having a warning in the rally point that you turned off auto refresh wehn troops return ;)

DeletedUser

It does yes, but this doesn't prevent Tribal wars from refreshing itself when an attack lands or returns, when you're on the rally point etc.

I know, what I was saying is that if refreshing is stopped at the rally point, opera has an option to refresh the page anyway.

DeletedUser1013

I know, what I was saying is that if refreshing is stopped at the rally point, opera has an option to refresh the page anyway.

Ah ok, I'm with you, it might be necessary to implement the timed refresh anyway, or do all browsers have this feature?

DeletedUser

Since some of the older ideas like this unfortunately seem to have been swept under the proverbial carpet, I thought I would share something useful posted up on the .net servers by Morthy which allows you to implement this feature yourself quite easily with a script.

The full thread can be found here

Here is what Morthy said;

Apparently not many people are aware of this, but if you want to freeze all the timers on one tab (for example to stop the page from reloading when troops return home in the rally point) add the following script:

Code:
javascript:function tick() {};

Alternatively, if you wish to be able to freeze timers and then turn them back on again (they will still be accurate):

Freeze timers:

Code:
javascript:if(timers.length > 0) { tmptimers=timers;timers=[];} void(0);

Restart timers:

Code:
javascript:if(typeof tmptimers != 'undefined') {timers=tmptimers;}void(0);

100% legal

And here is the 'latest' version of the script;

click stops - click restarts - click stops ...
Code:
javascript:if(timers.length>0){tmptimers=timers;timers=[];}else{timers=tmptimers;}void(0);

DeletedUser

Yes that would be the exact same link that I put in my post above you, and the script is also there.

DeletedUser

oh.. yes.. umm.. That's weird, I didn't see a second page when I responded... but clearly it was there 4 hours before..

/me goes and hides in a corner.