Explanation for new features 8.20

• Thread starter DeletedUser2404
  • Start date

DeletedUser2404

Anyone here, who can explain me, what the progress bar in the HQ is to be used for and how it shall work?

DeletedUser74

The progress bar in the HQ indicates the progress of the current construction assignment.

Example: a building takes 10 minutes to upgrade. When there is 5 minutes left we could say that it is "halfway" built. The progress bar will be halfway filled with green.

More information about progress bars:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_bar

In this screenshot, we can see that the Barracks is about halfway done being built to level 1.
progress_bar.png

.wtf.

Reaction score
Hm ... so what's the sense behind this new feature? - Because you already have the duration and the completion time so why do you make a further feature which needs system resources and slows down the servers?

In my opinion it's an unnecessary new function that nobody really needs - maybe you can put this feature out of your update again :x

DeletedUser2404

First of all thank you for your response.

I know, what a progress bar is and what it usually is used for. But i want to know, how this feature in our case here is meant to work. Otherwise i can't test it. I don't want to post bug reports, just because i don't know, how the feature works.

For examole the following.

The mouseover shows you, how much time already spent on that building and for how much percent. Ok.if you speed up construction, parts of that bar turn orange. A mouse over on that part says x percentage in 00.00.00. Now the green bar starts again. I do have three shown times and percentages an two colors.

Is that the way it is supposed to work? That is what i want to know, for the other features too by the way.

DeletedUser

...why do you make a further feature which needs system resources and slows down the servers?

Do you know the difference between server side and client side things??? Guessing that you will no be able to measure any additional server load for this one and visualization is always good even I don't like the way it is implemented.

Deleted User - 1452837

Claimed villages can be seen on a player's profile

this is the only positive thing at the update...
all else is useless...

DeletedUser2404

another question regarding the new features.

If i rename an incoming attack like "noble" or what else, it will show me now a little icon next to it. Fine.

Did you consider, that we have plenty markets and lots of children playing this game? Do the names change for the markets or must everyone use the englisch unit names?

DeletedUser

another question regarding the new features.

If i rename an incoming attack like "noble" or what else, it will show me now a little icon next to it. Fine.

Did you consider, that we have plenty markets and lots of children playing this game? Do the names change for the markets or must everyone use the englisch unit names?

It will use the already existing translations for the unit names and short names.

DeletedUser2404

Well it's not for the englisch version. I miss some common names for the german market, like for the paladin or ram.

DeletedUser

The short name for Paladin is Pala in German, for rams there is no own string for the short description so it uses the unit name which has been forwarded as change request. Usually the community manager of the respective market is the one to approach if something is unclear about translations as we don't know all languages.