Passed On: Dismiss troops

DeletedUser1670

Instead of having to attack yourself to make farm space, or suiciding your troops, can we get maybe a dismissed troop kinda thing? Or be able to station them at another village and then be able to command them from that village they are stationed at if there is enough farm space in that village?

DeletedUser

I don't like it i think the killing is a part of the game and this would make things to easy.

DeletedUser

Instead of having to attack yourself to make farm space, or suiciding your troops, can we get maybe a dismissed troop kinda thing? Or be able to station them at another village and then be able to command them from that village they are stationed at if there is enough farm space in that village?

i agree with the dismiss troops button but not the one where you could send them around from another vill

DeletedUser

Also, this has been suggested too many times to count. Heres just one example:

Link

Quoting from the Post I have linked to:
[spoil]
Sorry for any language errors, I´m portuguese. This is a translation from a great post by GoldSilver Ironsteel on the brazilian server.

1 > Diplomacy

I suggest that the diplomacy on tw is set to work like the village reservation sharing system.

One tribe sends the invitation to another, the invitations being visible at "Diplomacy", that way all diplomatic incidents regarding lack of attencion or betrayal would be over. If you try to attack, for example, an NAP, an warning should be shown as it happens when you try to attack a village reserved by a tribe mate.

2 > Ally/Tribemate Support

Many times when we receive massive support due to an coordinated mass attack, we can be mistaken by our allies, for example, you´re receiving 20 attacks in one village, however you are receiving 10 supports by an ally before the arrival of the attacks, you think the village is saved and then you end up loosing it because the support sent was of 100 spear each.
Also, when you receive 1000+ attacks it´s impossible to keep track with all your allies by personal message.
My suggestion is that you can see how much support is sent by allies,
So that the known strategy of sending false supports as fake doens´t end, only tribe mates or players in friends list could see the amount of support sent.

For example, if I´m your enemy, you wouldn´t be able to see how much support I send you, unless I was in your friends list.

3 > Report Filter

This is simple, instead of choosing wich type of report should be filtered, you would be able to choose to filter all reports generated by attacks / deffenses to a specific player or tribe.

For example, I would add in the filter "attacks to player" XXXXXX, anytime I would attack player XXXXXX I wouldn´t receive reports from that attack.

That´s good when you are envolved in massive attack operations, for example, you send real attacks (fulls plus nobles) to player XXXXXX wich is the target and 1000 fakes to player YYYYYY, you will receive 1000 fake reports on your report box that are completely useless.

4 > Units
When you want to change the type of troops in a village (from offensive to deffensive or the other way around), normally you send an suicidal attack in enemy village´s, so far so good, but the problem is when that village is really far away from any enemy villages or the enemy simply understands what you are doing and takes all the troops away from the village you attack.
Simple idea, there is building demolition, you should be able to dismiss units on the village gather point, pretty simple, just select how many units you want to dismiss and you have more farm space avaliable to change the kind of troops, create nobles, etc.

It would make the game both easier and more realistic.

You wouldn´t gain anything but farm space by dismissing units. You could only dismiss units that are from and in the village.

About the time that it would take, I suggest that it would be instant, but that´s on Innogames.

Greetz,
Lamios
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

There was a many page discussion on .net about this as well, I'm personally in favor of being able to dismiss troops, as a leader, I don't understand why I can't just disband the armies below me, in order to bring in newer armies.

Moving armies to have them taken under a different villages command is silly in my eyes, but a decommission does not change the game at all, consider you can already suicide your troops, it just allows you to manage it much quicker, and not have to attack yourself, or find an enemy village with troops in it, in order to do it.

DeletedUser

This is the biggest flaw of this kind of idea:

4> Suicide button for troops?
what's the point? it would only turn easier to conquest idle players.
sitter would kill defensive troops and if the player(s) conquering are medalwhores just would clear attacking villages, since it counts the number of troops defeated and not the OD.

And yes, you could just say something like what if sitters werent allowed to dismiss troops, but heres the thing, since a sitter could do just suicide the troops anyway, it wouldnt really stop this from happening. And really, if you suicide, you gain OD, which is kinda important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yet another example of this idea:

Another One

So yea, this is a duplicate...