Implemented: Diplomacy change idea

DeletedUser

Perhaps we could make the diplomacy more formal.

In the overview along with a report for everyone with diplomacy privs

Tribe A has offered an alliance/NAP with you. Accept/Reject
Tribe B has accepted/rejected your alliance/NAP with you
Tribe A has declared war on you
Tribe A requests to end the war with you. Accept/Reject
Tribe B has accepted/rejected your offer to end the war.
Tribe B has withdrawn their alliance/NAP from you

Just a suggestion

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1035

I've seen this idea many times in tribalwars Brazil, and it is very good! :D

DeletedUser1013

It does kind of go against the saying 'All is fair in Love and War'

Personally I have always been honorable to NAPs and Alliances, however clearly a lot of people are not and wouldn't want to be bound by agreements. Many times tribes will have NAPs when one tribe launches an operation on another.

I also do not understand why you would have an offer to 'End the war', surely this would imply that you could no longer attack the enemy. Yet just because you are not at war, doesn't mean that you wouldn't attack another tribe. A lot of noob tribes believe that one attack must be war!! But more skilled tribes know this just is not the case.

DeletedUser

you could still attack an ally or nap, but they would still be marked

End of war and withdrawn is the equivalent of a mutual clicking of the terminate button

DeletedUser1013

So if I get this right, the purpose of this would be to make sure that anyone marked as an ally for you, would have you marked as an ally for them. Same with NAP and Enemy status?

If so, the major issue I see with that is that most tribes use the diplomacy for marking, not just for an actual status between tribes. For example, my tribes never have NAPs or alliances, but if we are in 3 wars, we will mark each enemy as a different diplomatic status.

The only way I could see this working, given what i mentioned above would be to combine it with this idea I just put up, meaning tribes can still mark other tribes on the map.