Passed On: Declaration of war

DeletedUser

would be a 1% rule a so bad idea?
when a tribe then has 1000 villages, the enemy needs to have 10 to declare war, and when its 10000 they need 100
imagine a "war" of 10000 villages "fighting" against 100 villages^^ if they wanted they could noble them immediately as small breakfast, so is there really a need for stats there then?^^
An idea similar to this was passed on a few days ago but there is still a solution needed for spamming with offering/revoking peace.

maybe for the problem with offered peace/didnt offer peace and so on it could just not be displayed in the tribal events??
only make it display when peace was accepted, not when its offered or not offered anymore

then we have 1 problem less :)

and if someone offered peace to you is also visable in the wars overview..

please implement these 2 ;)

DeletedUser73

Passed on an idea about a minimum amount of time between peace offerings from a single tribe.

DeletedUser

I'm not happy with the ideas given here.
You shouldn't being able to reject a war, because that doesn't make sense.
A minimum delay between war declarations isn't well, too, because a meta-war (all allies join the war) will be complicated to declare.
Moreover, using the relative points as a limit is bad, too. The declaration of war of a tribe with 200-member should be celebrated, not rejected.

My solution would be a fixed points limit. Let's say, players with more than 5.000 points only are able to declare a war.
Wars between players, who don't reach this limit, are completely nonsense, aren't they. While every player can reach this limit quite quickly, spammers wont do.
(It would be a great alternative to combine the right to declare wars with the existence of noblemen (a nobleman must carry the document to the enemy), but I suppose the server will not "agree"^^)

P.S. sorry 4 my really bad English, but I hope everyone understand the content.

DeletedUser

I'm not happy with the ideas given here.
You shouldn't being able to reject a war, because that doesn't make sense.
A minimum delay between war declarations isn't well, too, because a meta-war (all allies join the war) will be complicated to declare.
Moreover, using the relative points as a limit is bad, too. The declaration of war of a tribe with 200-member should be celebrated, not rejected.

My solution would be a fixed points limit. Let's say, players with more than 5.000 points only are able to declare a war.
Wars between players, who don't reach this limit, are completely nonsense, aren't they. While every player can reach this limit quite quickly, spammers wont do.
(It would be a great alternative to combine the right to declare wars with the existence of noblemen (a nobleman must carry the document to the enemy), but I suppose the server will not "agree"^^)

P.S. sorry 4 my really bad English, but I hope everyone understand the content.

Your speak English pretty well, you'll soon notice that nobody minds how much experience with English you have in this forum.

The idea with "no wars over 5000 points" is not very good because there can be tribes consisting just of beginners (especially on new worlds), and why shouldn't they be able to fight wars against each other? But I think it's pretty good if you can say that the average player points can't differ very much (e.g. one tribe has players with 10 000 points each, the second one with 200 000; but if the first one has 80 000, war could be declared).

Noblemen carrying war declarations... it's a very creative gag, but nevertheless only a gag; noblemen exist to conquer villages :D
// and changing that would need immense amounts of time.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure why it's really that difficult to figure out how not to get spammed by this war declarations from little players.

War declaration is made from one tribe to another, a mail is sent to the Duke(s) of the tribe.
The Duke can then choose to ignore the war (possible spam), then it would not appear in their events log, nor would it appear on the war stats pages, cluttering things up.
If the Duke chooses to accept the war, it then appears on the events log and in the war stats page.

Have a list on the war stats page for ignored wars, so if a Duke has made a mistake, or changes their mind, then they can bring that war back into activity.
Also allow a Duke to set any other active war, into that ignore state, so the tribe can no longer view stats.

This allows a Duke to maintain, and clean up their war lists, even when tribes don't accept peace requests.

As it stands right now, you can be spammed, and you don't have control over maintaining your own lists.
The above would allow you to do that.