Change Request: usability

DeletedUser2404

Since a while I just notice, that the game behave for similar actiones differently what makes it necessary to have a different handling for every page.

I would appreciate it, if that may be changed.

What do I talk about?

1. Select maximum ammount of resources/ troops / offers. It's allways a number (the maximum) in brackets behind a text field.
  • For resources or troops to be recriuted, the number turns into a 0
  • For troops available in the rally point, the number stays but a second click changes the number in the text field again to 0 (same behavior like for the resources)
  • For offers, the number stays like for troops, but there is a mouse over and a second click does not change the selected number to 0
I prefer the behavior used for selecting resources.

2. Account manager
  • For the 4 managers, we have the buttons named "confirm, save, and create" but in the end, all do the same, they confirm an action.
  • The position of "select all" is different on the pages. Research and village manager in the table header, for the troop manager it's under the list.
  • The column with village names is named 2 times "village name" and once "name".
I prefer the style and positions used for the village manager.

3. Sorting of lists
  • All lists in the account manager are ordered by creation time.
  • The list items for village groups are ordered by name.
  • Lists, that contain villages are ordered by name.
I prefer the order by name.

4. The order of paladin items in lists (simulator and as far as i remember weapon chamber for the mobile version) mismatches the order of units. The item for mounted archers comes after the one for hcav. But the stable and the smithy does have a different order.

5. Send troops/ send resources selection
I know that there were some changes made in the past for the send troops selection dialog, and still they do look pretty differently.
First of all, in one dialog is named "destination" one "target". The market still does have the x and y field and a drop-down list with all villages, on the other hand, the ralley point does have only a single field and no drop down list. For the market, tha popup for "own villages" is doubled. Here i have to say, that the drop-down list is pretty helpful, i like it.

These things are peanuts, i kow it, but actually i do have lot's of these moments, where I just think "Damned, on the other page it's pretty nice, why is it that bad here?".

Kind Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello reisone, nice summary but i have some points i dont understand
to your first point:
why do you want to change the mechanics of the unit-facilities? if you press the "0" when you inserted all units, the field gets empty again already, leaving the max number up would create confusion since, what do you display on all other units avaiable in the facility?
and what if you want to build any number of fighters between 0 and the maximum? what number would then be displayed?

to your second point, i dont use a lot of premium, is there a farm manager or are you talking about the farm assistant? ;)
i'm linking him as he is, but to be honest i dont know what buttoms you are talking about. :icon_confused:

and last but not least to your forth point, i compleately agree, odering them by units would make it a lot easier. i rember the times i started playing and i found it hard to remember what item helps what unit. :D

Bird0

DeletedUser2404

Thanks for your feedback.

Here my ansers:

why do you want to change the mechanics of the unit-facilities? if you press the "0" when you inserted all units, the field gets empty again already, leaving the max number up would create confusion since, what do you display on all other units avaiable in the facility?
and what if you want to build any number of fighters between 0 and the maximum? what number would then be displayed?

I do not want to change much (or would like to see it changed). I only would like to have the same behavior for the same action. It might be a premium feature, but at rally point and in the market there is an option, that allows to insert the maximum amount of troops/resources/offers with a single click. This can be done via one click and the maximum available amount is displayed in brackets --> (1200) for example, if 1200 spearfighters are available in the ralley point. If you click it, the number will stay. If you click the same number in the barracks, it turns into (0). That's what i meant.

Is it understandable? Otherwise i will use screenshots.

But thanks for the hint, i truely forgot the recruitment in my example.

to your second point, i dont use a lot of premium, is there a farm manager or are you talking about the farm assistant?
i'm linking him as he is, but to be honest i dont know what buttoms you are talking about.

My bad, i meant the Account Manager. I hope that makes it clearer.

and last but not least to your forth point, i compleately agree, odering them by units would make it a lot easier. i rember the times i started playing and i found it hard to remember what item helps what unit.