New event Caves of Greed

testevents

Reaction score
I'd say this event definitely has potential, the new items are very interesting too and can add some wild balance to the future of game game.

Let's start with gameplay and go from there.

I. Gameplay
II. Premium Cost
III. Reward Items

I. Gameplay
If this was an arcade game I found online with no cost, I would enjoy it and would probably have fun for a few hours trying it out and trying to figure out the best strategies, concepts and ways to stack Attack/Armor to reach multiple levels and see how many bosses I could defeat.

The gameplay seems easy for a beginner to understand (Granted Health, Attack, Armor + Crit) and you have Fight, Merchant, ?, Treasure, and boss encounters.

There is some balance that gets called into question though.

I'm going to mention this point first, because this point will compound with a lot of my other issues.
For players to have an immersive feeling with this event and its gameplay, the event needs to cost PREMIUM/TORCHES PER RUN and NOT PER ENCOUNTER

What gave Defenders Of The Inner Castle its magic was it COST PREMIUM PER RUN... NOT PER FLOOR LEVEL OR ENCOUNTER (I do agree that each run should cost more premium in that event... but if it cost premium per encounter, players would drop that event quickly)

Early on - merchant encounters are basically dead on arrival. Even if you spam enough ? encounters, 1/3 of the time if you only have 1 token you can't even trade the merchant.

4x3G2uH.png

For a new player who has never touched this game before, they could easily go 3-4 dead merchant encounters before realizing you should avoid these dudes at all costs before you have at least 2 different coins.

Overall, it does kind of suck though... you need to find 2 different ? encounters that offer you coins (Which aren't entirely common either), which ends up costing you 3+ encounters (3 torches) just to ensure a single buff.

If you don't follow those steps, sometimes you're just spending torches to receive NOTHING but 40 gems....

The treasure chests also give gems - From someone who has played multiple roguelike style gems, usually you expect treasure chests to offer strong items that will help on your adventure.

wfxSub7.png
If the chests could offer something on your event (like the tokens) in addition gems, they would definitely be more in-line with a roguelike concept and enjoyable to reach.

Normal Fight Encounters: These currently seem balance and I wouldn't suggest any necessary change to them.

Boss Fight Encounters: These currently seem balance and I wouldn't suggest any necessary change to them. They CAN be quite overwhelming and devastating to a run, but that's what I'd expect from boss encounters.

h0VQTt8.png

Exit Room: One of the more ridiculous encounters in this game is the "exit room" option for this event.

After beating a boss... what happens? Do you clear the level?

No, you must spend an additional torch to leave. Clicking those stairs at the back costs (1) extra torch to leave... and is basically a dead encounter like the merchant.

I would suggest this part heals you by 30% and does not cost a torch. (maybe it heals - I forget)

z419rxw.png

testevents

Reaction score
II. Premium Cost

The premium cost for this event is really wild.

Currently the cost per torch begins at 15, then goes to 16, then 17... and THEN IT EXPLODES

WmeLpKG.png

+10
+10
+20
+40
+70
I really liked the first few +10's I saw as a way to dynamically increase price, but once I saw that the cost is going to go from +20 +30 +40 +50 +60 it's clear the turn this event is taking (Especially when IT COSTS PREMIUM PER ENCOUNTER... OH MY GOD)

When it costs premium per encounter, you can get through 3 floors before you already start having to pay an entirely dynamic cost range...

Thinking about it: Being "good" at this event is entirely countered by the "cost per encounter" style as a brainless playthrough isn't harmed... They just keep spamming until they die... but they still pay the same amount of premium because each encounter is costly.

Paying upwards of 50 premium per encounter... just to fight a minion and get 100 gems, or trade a merchant who doesn't have your items... OR LEAVE THE ROOM??? will cause this event to be remembered poorly and suggested not to return by a majority of the community.

Please... Just increase the premium cost per torch (or raise event award prices) and make this event "1 torch = 1 run"

I hadn't tested healing yet unfortunately so I don't have information on that cost. Still though, if each encounter costs premium, the healing won't make a huge difference if going back to the start doesn't matter so much.

testevents

Reaction score
III. Reward Items
The new reward items are very cool, as long as their balance is kept in check.

YZJPCtj.png
gfjNXa0.png

Just needs to REMAIN balanced and high cost. If you have 5 of these on a village, with farm 10% and farm bonus... that nuke is obviously devastating and cannot be simulated/prepared for properly.

Besides from the new items (which are very cool and if balanced properly can make a big twist in the game), the rest of the event is extremely underwhelming in terms of rewards.

nf1ugrD.png

1ncKQ6n.png

ZO6MYsi.png
This event shop feels like someone played the ANVIL OF THE MERCENARY KING EVENT - Used 2-3 common items for recipes... and then threw the rewards into this shop.

Look at attack of the horde's items?

A3cA7kG.png
z0g2W3T.png

Not EVEN a flag doubler on this event... ??? Who put this shop together?

THE NEW ITEMS ARE GREAT - THE INCREASED PRICE FOR WH% IS GREAT - GOOD CONNECTIONS BEING THE HIGHEST PRICE OPTION SHOWS HOW OUT OF TOUCH THIS SHOP PLANNER IS. FIRE THEM??? SINCE THE COMMUNITY MANAGERS AREN'T ALLOWED TO TELL YOU HOW OUT OF TOUCH YOU ARE WITH THE COMMUNITY... I WILL LEAVE THAT COMMENT HERE SO YOU CONTEMPLATE THE NEXT EVENT YOU DECIDE TO RUIN BY MAKING ITS EVENT SHOP

testevents

Reaction score
IV. Closing

Just closing remarks to finish this event.

Hats off the the developer who made this event. Fun event, great concept (personally I love roguelikes) and implemented fairly well (Still think merchant needs to be balanced differently) but the concept works if implemented correctly.

Still, how torches are used + event shop ruined this one when it could have gone SO FAR.

Premium - Shop Cost Comparison

Since I do this for every event, I will continue to do it here.

Spending 1,000 premium per day can yield a variety of results. This is what it resulted for me.
1,200 premium spent

7,450 rubies received

Cost per 20% warehouse - 5,900 rubies

Premium Cost per 20% warehouse - 950 premium

The cost isn't AWFUL per se. 475 premium per 10% warehouse is a little bit more costly than where the game should be balanced.

However, since future costs will be 430 premium, and then maybe 650 premium??? The event should never go beyond the free + 40-50 encounters... That's like 2-3 runs LOL

jfuDwEW.png
ZjEZ9QA.png
IvcfMjJ.png

What I suggest:

Spend the 150 per 10, spend the 160 per 10, spend the 170 per 10, spend the 190 per 10, spend the 230 per 10. STOP

Without a flag doubler, proper encounter premium balancing, or any good items besides the new ones and highly priced warehouse %, there is no reason to play it. It's a shame Innogames took yet another nicely greated event and then made it so unbearable to go through their hurdles. Given that they're creating such successful games, it is a shock how far they falter on their minigames

Gnedler

Reaction score
hello,

i would say this event is way too hard without pushing
without using PP u cant reach further than lvl 2

to me this event is boring after 1-2 minutes cause i dont waste that amout on pp for little effort

Possible changes:
- Enemies are way too strong, reduce their power or make the Hero better
- more free Rolls each day
- faster refilling of torches
- more Rubies for each finished task

i really like the thoughts for this event but without changing anything this event isnt really enjoyable

General Fgnagbak

Reaction score
Hi,

I really like this event.
From what I can see is that we can play this in 2 ways.
We either just battle or we try to get as far as possible. The deeper we go we get more rubies.
I am not sure which way we get more rubies, if we just battle or if we go as deep as possible.

What can be improved:
- Give us a few more rubies (I feel like we do not get enough)
- The event shop is a bit boring except for the new items and a few other (give us better items)
- Let the trader offer all coin options, it sucks that when he does not offer the things you can buy

All in all I really like roguelike games and this event is interesting and engaging.
I just need to know which is the highest level we can reach and if it is worth more than just battle.

Event Master

Reaction score
I feel like the event is quite fun to play so really good design!
Like mentioned before I feel like a cost for a run would be way more fun than paying for each file it really sucks to wait so long to progress anything and it feels like your strat doesn't really matter because you need to pay no matter what.

I would make shop prices ten times as high and than let us use 1 torch for each run.

But if it doesn't change to above than at least remove the torch for clicking on the stair :(
And make it a bit cheaper to get torches and/or give a bit more free ones every 30 mins 1 + full stack at 14:00.

Now it just feels bad because you wanna play the event because its quite fun to play but you just don't get to move almost.

pellegrina

Reaction score
You really shouldn't have to waste a torch just to descend to the next level, that doesn't happen in the other event games like the dungeon (can't remember its name, the one where you have to click on areas to clear them). The torches should only be used to progress within the level, or you should be able to have more than 10 of them (perhaps 15 like some other events?)