Duplicate: Built-in mass-recruitment feature

DeletedUser

Just what the title says..
In fact it involves making a script a built-in game feature (pretty much like the new minting feature)
[SPOIL]
slowtarget's old mass recruitment script would make a good example I suppose[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes..i totally agree..

but, this is already a part of the account manager, sadly
so its something for which you have to pay for extra..
and the scripts are still allowed for premium players, but because of this account manager feature they will probably never make it as an ingame feature for normal premium because then there would be 1 less feature for players to buy the am

i find this bad, because the mass recruiting is not an extra feature which is not needed and only a "plus" like the others there, but its really needed, and when you have thousands of villages you need it, eighter as a script or....

and to make the game really playable with premium this would be needed
as it is at the moment, every bigger player (without am) needs scripts, and this will always cause trouble:

as then also the players who really dont get along with scripts at all have to use scripts (i mean for example the players who get it installed from others via teamviewer and then always write tickets to the support that recruiting doesnt work anymore, when the script breaks^^)
or the script breaking at all, after updates...when the script author gets inactive and doesnt change it to work again, and noone may change it, and after every update you have to look for alternatives on other versions and so on to be able to recruit...
and so on and so on

making players so dependant on scripts is really not a good thing, it only causes trouble for everyone
thats why i also think that with implementing this into the am they hurt themselves...who always says they dont want players to use scripts (at least gm-scripts)? and like this they force players to do that or to pay more
like this, normal premium game cant be advanted to getting "perfect" and really playable, as this fundametal feature will always be missing

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As hohes c points out. We already have this as part of the Account Manager(AM).

However, I find the AM tool very difficult to use and it does not give me the results I am looking for. I have to re-type all my configurations each time I use it and it is a pain.

There are other threads out there on suggested enhancements for account manager so I won't go into more detail here. *(I'll post the links if I can find them)*

DeletedUser

I'll be the first to admit, I don't use the account manager, so I could be way off base here.

But isn't the account manager feature such, that you recruit your troops in villages, and when you have the resources available, it auto-que's them for you? You still need a script to fill in all the values to make it super quick, do you not?

The whole point of a built in mass recruit script, would be to fill values in hundreds of villages at the same time, not que them up one village at a time?

Again, I haven't used the account manager since the first week it got implemented on beta, they may have changed it since.

DeletedUser

mhh already passed on there, then lets all hope they implement it fast although the situation has changed by the time...

DeletedUser

i mean with the am :-/ it wasnt there yet when it was passed on...