Implemented: Building Overview

DeletedUser

First off kudos to the tw team for this amazing new feature and to whoever came up with the idea. This said I think there is still a little room for improvement on the new overview.

1. Reorder builds - Just as you can reorder the order of buildings in the HQ, I think this functionality should also be brought to the overview.

2. Cancel builds - I suggest that you should be able to click on the building icon to delete it from the queue. Quick click deletes and click and drag moves. (I know this could potentially be problematic so if anyone has a better idea on how to achieve both these functions please speak up)

3. Eliminate pop up boxes for 'Not enough resources' and 'Building fully constructed.' When you are rebuilding hundreds of villages that have been damaged these popups can become very annoying. Instead just kill the link like it is if you don't have enough resources to begin with.

4. Not a huge deal but might be nice. Is there a reason you have to click the hammer icon in order to add villages to the queue? I think it would be better if all the build links were just active by default.

cel micut

Reaction score
no.1 and no.2 I like
no.3 I belive that is a needed. experimentend players don;t need to know why building is fuly constructed but for beginers that pop up make them think 2 times and understand why is not posible to build/demolish more :D

DeletedUser

First off kudos to the tw team for this amazing new feature and to whoever came up with the idea. This said I think there is still a little room for improvement on the new overview.

1. Reorder builds - Just as you can reorder the order of buildings in the HQ, I think this functionality should also be brought to the overview.

2. Cancel builds - I suggest that you should be able to click on the building icon to delete it from the queue. Quick click deletes and click and drag moves. (I know this could potentially be problematic so if anyone has a better idea on how to achieve both these functions please speak up)

Definitely next steps to improve the functionality, as well as a way to switch all the hammers to demo balls or something.

3. Eliminate pop up boxes for 'Not enough resources' and 'Building fully constructed.' When you are rebuilding hundreds of villages that have been damaged these popups can become very annoying. Instead just kill the link like it is if you don't have enough resources to begin with.

This drives me nutz, although I like to know why it won't build, I don't like to know why 4 times in a row because I'm quick clicking walls.

4. Not a huge deal but might be nice. Is there a reason you have to click the hammer icon in order to add villages to the queue? I think it would be better if all the build links were just active by default.

I think the reason is it takes a while for the page to process each village, as it has to check that requirements are met, resources are available, and there are levels to be added. I know when I click the header hammer on my 1000 villages it takes a few minutes to load the page. Honestly pressing the top hammer isn't that hard, I personally like the functionality of it now.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score

I think this is for performance reasons. As soon as you click the hammer a script is started to check requirements, resources etc. As you already might have noticed this can take a few seconds depending on the number of villages in the group.

edit/ I'm to slowly. :(

DeletedUser1013

Both of these have already been suggested, in fact number 2) was a suggestion by typhi after no 1) was made as he knew exactly how lazy we all are.

Number 3) Yes that would be so useful as those pop ups are so unbelievably annoying, we had already asked that the page update when you make a selection which would eliminate the need for that, but this is another viable solution if our original idea can not be enacted.

Number 4) That would be nice, I think it is set that way so people don't click them by accident, perhaps once you click it once it stays on permanently until you click it again, like an on/off switch.

DeletedUser

This drives me nutz, although I like to know why it won't build, I don't like to know why 4 times in a row because I'm quick clicking walls.

Perhaps a way to turn it off in the settings then? Or is there a way for an alert to pop up without the need for you to click okay for it to be removed?

I think the reason is it takes a while for the page to process each village, as it has to check that requirements are met, resources are available, and there are levels to be added. I know when I click the header hammer on my 1000 villages it takes a few minutes to load the page. Honestly pressing the top hammer isn't that hard, I personally like the functionality of it now.

Yeah, I've got over 700 villages so I know what you are talking about. Maybe wouldn't be a great idea though personally I've only been using this feature for mass building thus far.

DeletedUser

to 2) double click to delete :)
to 3) it goes away with ENTER in my Opera

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes, kill the link or put the "not enough blabla" anywhere on the page, but NOT in a popup^^
4) no, i dont always want to wait looong to just see the buildings overview ;-) and there is already this "hammer all" button, so is this single click you have to make more really sooo bad..?

DeletedUser

4) no, i dont always want to wait looong to just see the buildings overview ;-) and there is already this "hammer all" button, so is this single click you have to make more really sooo bad..?

It was merely a thought to gauge others reactions and by the response it is obviously not a good idea to implement it. As I said in my original post though it's not really that big of deal to me.

DeletedUser73

1) Already Passed On

2) Already Passed On

3) Passed on now!

4) Its going to have to stay like this. :p