Implemented: Bigger map area?

DeletedUser

I personally think later on 15x15 is just not big enough for a map area.

Could you please try and extend it to maybe a 21x21 or more?

Obviously keeping it optional so everybody is happy.

DeletedUser895

I agree with this.
Especially with the increased amount of scripts that run off the map, and for the users who use 7x7 early on, and switch the map size slowly as they expand their farming, etc, this would be a welcome addition.

DeletedUser983

Supported for the same reason as the one stated above my post.

DeletedUser991

Maybe tribalwars could bring in a way of playing in full screen.

DeletedUser

I support this idea but only if this doesn't slowdown the server to much. Map is one of the most used place in game, so a bigger area means much more things to be loaded and this can bring lags in commands.

DeletedUser

Sounds like a great idea, I hate having to reload the whole map thingy every time I want to see just a little bit further out.

DeletedUser1013

Would love this idea, 15x15 just isn't enough, personally i could go for a 45 x 45 map, perhaps a bit more zoomed out to make it fit. (Btw the ability to zoom in and out on http://zz1.tribalwarsmap.com/zz/ would be great to add in with this suggested new feature.)

If there are problems with it being too much information, perhaps the amount of information you can get from the pop ups could be reduced?

DeletedUser

I agree with this idea. I was on ele's account yesterday and couldn't figure out how to use his SRE thing and ended up farming manually using the farm finder. It would have made it so much easier if I could have just zoom a little father out.

DeletedUser

Could I get a reply from a developer maybe to see if this would be possible?

DeletedUser1013

Going to bring attention back to this topic, it doesn't seem to have been catagorized into 'Needs feedback', 'Passed on' nor has it been rejected for some reason by Typhi or another member of staff.

I think this is a great idea and would be incredibly useful.

Perhaps it has not been looked at because everything would not fit onto the page i.e. the mini map. If that is the case, perhaps it could be more of a case of looking at the map in a 'Full Screen' mode?

DeletedUser

they said it causes too much traffic on the servers
but it would be nice to zoom one step at least,
double map area p.a.

and to reduce a) server traffic and b) page load times
this ability can depend on connection speed.
the flow: player logs in->check if connection > 50MBit/s (or sth)
yes->zoom | no or mds->nozoom

DeletedUser1049

maybe POP-UP use on mini-map should do.
while scrolling over villages with the mouse it would show pop-up with village info like regular map.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
maybe POP-UP use on mini-map should do.
while scrolling over villages with the mouse it would show pop-up with village info like regular map.

You mean each time you move your mouse over these small dots in the min-map to open a pop-up with village information (name, player, tribe etc.) like it is on the big map?

Actually all the village information are loaded once you open the map. This makes a maximum of 225 data sets for a map with 15 x 15. If you do the same for the mini-map with 45 x 45 it would mean to load 2,025 data sets in one shot. Would not be really performant in my opinion. ;)

DeletedUser73

they said it causes too much traffic on the servers
but it would be nice to zoom one step at least,
double map area p.a.

and to reduce a) server traffic and b) page load times
this ability can depend on connection speed.
the flow: player logs in->check if connection > 50MBit/s (or sth)
yes->zoom | no or mds->nozoom

Where was this said?

DeletedUser

Typhi said:
Where was this said?
I support this idea but only if this doesn't slowdown the server to much. Map is one of the most used place in game, so a bigger area means much more things to be loaded and this can bring lags in commands.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

DeletedUser73

Ah right sorry, I thought you meant a developer said that.