Implemented: beginner protection

DeletedUser

i guess everybody is inerested into when his beginner protection ends, at the beginning
because since then you must expect attacks
but you cant actually see this, you see it on the map for other players, but nowhere for yourself
so if you really want to know, you must know when you started or if you dont remember, you must ask your neighbour to tell you what it displays on the map^^

why not just display this all the time good visable? so that you really notice?
i think for beginners this could also be interesting as they notice then, ahh until this point of time i should have understood the main parts of the game and know what to do when being attacked (or what to do befor^^)

248779-523201131758pm.png

(i know the inc doesnt fit to the image :p )

if i remember right i stole this idea from grepolis, because i think there something like this was displayed when some years ago i had a quick look into this mystical tribalwars copy game^^

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
so if you really want to know, you must know when you started or if you dont remember, you must ask your neighbour to tell you what it displays on the map^^

Alternatively you can use the guest access and hover over your village. :p

DeletedUser

true...but thats a bug :p because it doesnt make sense to tell someone who is not playing on that world and only is having a look "you can attack at blabla" as he cant attack in the guest mode^^ and they already fixed this, but it happens again now

ah i just see, giraffenuke also suggested this befor somewhere in between (not as idea):
To be honest, something I find annoying is that you cannot see when your own beginner protection ends. Sorry to hijack your report, but it seemed relevant, perhaps it could be set to say 'You are still under beginner protection. you can be attacked tomorrow at 20.48' when you are looking at your own village or the village of someone you are sitting.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure that there is a certain number of points that if you pass it during the protection period, the protection period ends. If so, it would just confuse new players who don't know about this.

DeletedUser

I may be wrong - but when the beta world 1 restarted I remember hovering my mouse to check when I could attack a few players, one of them I couldn't attack until "today night" as I remember but just before then he got to 300 points and then I didn't have a message that I couldn't attack him until a certain hour.

DeletedUser803

+1
good idea to have a banner on the village page next to Headquarters or someplace.

I also wouldn't mind the BP alternatively ending when a player reaches a preset point mark, like 200 or 300, depending upon the speed of the world.

DeletedUser1605

+1 for the idea.. Normally the way I do it is a number of quirky workarounds.. The Guest Access is one, account sitting is another and TribalWarsMap.com is the preferred method... All of these are annoying, however.

It's nice to know when you need to start sending your troops for a jog before bed, etc. LOL

I'm pretty sure that there is a certain number of points that if you pass it during the protection period, the protection period ends. If so, it would just confuse new players who don't know about this.

I'm certain it does not work like this. It could simply be that Beta's world 1 was 3.0 speed, which meant BP ended much quicker than you would have expected? It's still a static period, such as 3 days.

It's right down to the minute. I usually note everybody's BP in my notebook and sort it.. So as the minute they lose BP rolls around you launch your axes/paladin (paprika)

tacodog said:
I also wouldn't mind the BP alternatively ending when a player reaches a preset point mark, like 200 or 300, depending upon the speed of the world.

The giggles I get from clearing people when I'm still under Beginner Protection is epic, though ^_^

//mpw

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 I've often thought about this but never remembered to put the idea up.

It would be very useful.