Arguing Style

DeletedUser974

It makes me very sad you still have not discovered a very, very simple way to offset the advantage of email notifications and fail to see the real point of "flooding" someone mailbox :( You only seem to focus on the fear mongering. For being a long time player, you are not very imaginative.

Do you think that perhaps you could respond to people without the disparaging remarks? Nearly every post you've made on this thread has included some sort of insult to the people you've responded to. It's not constructive in the least. You appear to be a very literate guy with well thought out opinions and ideas, but the way you've treated those with dissenting views is counterproductive.

If you want to actually discuss the topic, or have your opinions taken into serious consideration, we're more likely to pay attention to what you have to say and consider your point of view when you treat the people here with respect.

DeletedUser

Do you think that perhaps you could respond to people without the disparaging remarks? Nearly every post you've made on this thread has included some sort of insult to the people you've responded to. It's not constructive in the least. You appear to be a very literate guy with well thought out opinions and ideas, but the way you've treated those with dissenting views is counterproductive.

If you want to actually discuss the topic, or have your opinions taken into serious consideration, we're more likely to pay attention to what you have to say and consider your point of view when you treat the people here with respect.

+1 (clap)

DeletedUser1242

I don't like beating around the bush. Getting to the heart of a matter, no matter how critical the description of the matter/person, helps dispel the confusion caused by the aforementioned fear mongering.

Are you sure you're not just making this post because I so strongly disagree with many of the players posting in this thread, including you?

DeletedUser

I don't like beating around the bush. Getting to the heart of a matter, no matter how critical the description of the matter/person, helps dispel the confusion caused by the aforementioned fear mongering.

Are you sure you're not just making this post because I so strongly disagree with many of the players posting in this thread, including you?

Personally I see the underlying comments in most of your posts as well... It's like your trying to PnP the Q&D forums here. (or what passes as flame fested PnP these days)
Except... PnP'n in this sort of forum, is generally pointless.

I'm actually shocked you haven't broken out any of the classy pwn'd, or epic fail pics yet.

DeletedUser974

Being critical of the idea is one thing; attacking the person is another. You seem to realize that this is a board for debate because you keep telling people their logic is flawed, but so is yours. Your consistent use of logical fallacies does nothing but make your arguments appear weak.

And no, it has nothing to do with you disagreeing with people, including me. I'm secure in my opinions, I always speak my mind no matter what, and I really couldn't care less who agrees or disagrees with me. If everyone agreed with everything I said, my life would be boring and I'd have no need for this asbestos suit I'm wearing. :D

DeletedUser1242

Personally I see the underlying comments in most of your posts as well... It's like your trying to PnP the Q&D forums here. (or what passes as flame fested PnP these days)
Except... PnP'n in this sort of forum, is generally pointless.

I'm actually shocked you haven't broken out any of the classy pwn'd, or epic fail pics yet.
Maybe your impression of who I am and what I'm doing is wrong then?

Being critical of the idea is one thing; attacking the person is another. You seem to realize that this is a board for debate because you keep telling people their logic is flawed, but so is yours. Your consistent use of logical fallacies does nothing but make your arguments appear weak.

And no, it has nothing to do with you disagreeing with people, including me. I'm secure in my opinions, I always speak my mind no matter what, and I really couldn't care less who agrees or disagrees with me. If everyone agreed with everything I said, my life would be boring and I'd have no need for this asbestos suit I'm wearing. :D

If I offend you and others, report my posts and let the mods deal with me. Otherwise, defend your opinions about the Account Manager features instead of attacking me for my writing style.

DeletedUser

Maybe your impression of who I am and what I'm doing is wrong then?

Perhaps they are, but there's not always a right and a wrong when it comes to opinions, just what one believes, vs another. (unless there's a way to provide factual evidence)

If I offend you and others, report my posts and let the mods deal with me. Otherwise, defend your opinions about the Account Manager features instead of attacking me for my writing style.

Your reports haven't crossed any lines, as such wouldn't be viewed in the wrong by any mod.
They've merely been unnecessarily condescending at times.

DeletedUser

And we are heading far way from the proper discussion here. If you want to discuss your faults in how you argue or in what way one person writes, please then do that via PM or open a new thread somewhere else in the forum (not sure how much Typhi would like that) but it does not belong in this thread.

TyphiEDIT: Have moved the posts here, to Off Topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1242

Perhaps they are, but there's not always a right and a wrong when it comes to opinions, just what one believes, vs another. (unless there's a way to provide factual evidence)

Your reports haven't crossed any lines, as such wouldn't be viewed in the wrong by any mod.
They've merely been unnecessarily condescending at times.

The problem is that when people base their whining on their misunderstanding of the correct numbers/stats/facts, I find it ridiculously difficult not to make fun of them, especially when they keep returning with the same arguments. Opinions are opinions, sure, but in this game of numbers, the statistics do not lie. Most of the people I'm arguing with are basing their opinions on emotions alone instead of testing and learning how the account manager works, how to use it to your advantage, and how you can negate all its advantages by simply adjusting some of your ingame strategies. I don't want to see innogames stop developing TW because of some noisy whiners.

Anyway, I will try to dial it down a notch... no promises :icon_wink: