Implemented: academy mint coins

DeletedUser

now you have a drop-down-box to choose how many coins you would like to make in all villages, cool

coin.png

i want to suggest to add the possibilities to choose the maximum minus a number of coins for every village, so "max-1" and "max-2" and so on..

because actually this would help much more i think than it is at the moment..

when i make coins i dont want to make 5 in every village and so have in some very much ressources left while in others everything is gone..
i usually want to leave some ressources everwhere, so i make 1 or 2 coins less than i could, in every village..
until now i use a script for this, but id love to see this implemented into the game

marcus the mad

Reaction score
I usually play on .net, I found something similar (probably the same?) on the externals too just now.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

There is a mass minting script and a mint reserve script for .net, which does as your idea says.

DeletedUser

i still would love to have it ingame, then everybody could use it everywhere..

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Just a general thought on things like that: how about publishing some 'official' Javascripts for the quick bar from Inno's side to do such things? Inno could insert a quick bar entry directly etc. and it would mean no code changes for Inno etc. and everbody could use it anyhow.

DeletedUser

Just a general thought on things like that: how about publishing some 'official' Javascripts for the quick bar from Inno's side to do such things? Inno could insert a quick bar entry directly etc. and it would mean no code changes for Inno etc. and everbody could use it anyhow.

dont like that...
this will be confusing, especially for beginners..
if its standard in the quick bar they will just click it anywhere (not in the academy) and wonder why it doesnt work and think its broken
if its not standard they will have to read instructions how to get it and what it does, so more work and even more complicated..

and a function which you only can use in academy for example should only be shown in academy and not everywhere in the quick bar..i dont want to have them on the screen everytime and using the space while i cant use them on most pages

why cant they put the javascript link which you could put in the quickbar as a link into the academy?^^

DeletedUser

dont like that...
if its standard in the quick bar they will just click it anywhere (not in the academy) and wonder why it doesnt work and think its broken
if its not standard they will have to read instructions how to get it and what it does, so more work and even more complicated..

and a function which you only can use in academy for example should only be shown in academy and not everywhere in the quick bar..i dont want to have them on the screen everytime and using the space while i cant use them on most pages

^ This

In regards to inno making official javascript things? none of the scripts are inno's are far as i know, and im sure you would prefer them to develop the game instead of remaking scripts already available.

DeletedUser

dont like that...

Scripts can be, and most are made to display an error message suggesting how to use it properly if used on a wrong page.
Why would that make it difficult?

DeletedUser

but why should they even be made to click it where it doesnt work? where is the sense to put it on every single page (through the quickbar) and not only where its needed?

and: if theres a standart mint coins script in the quick bar (very special and mostly at the beginning doesnt make any sense because you cant use it) then there also will be added some other scripts as standard so they dont have to make it ingame and then you got a script for attacking and for minting coins and for renaming villages or renaming incs or sending ressourses and so on and so on..wont this be very confusing? especially for new players??
do you want them to click all the scripts just to get told "this doesnt work here try in the ..." ? and then they should remember where which script works and what it does?
this would just be annoying and confusing...

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
That's an advantage of the GM-scripts you have in use actually. They work only on the pages, where they shall work. Players in any other language area, where GM-scripts are not allowed, already have to add these things to their quick bar. Please don't forget that DE maybe the biggest community actually, but it is only a small part of entire TW. ;)

Anyway, I don't know, why it should be confusing. A script to mint cins or do your savings will be called 'mint coins' etc. and with the alert windows players should really see, where to use it then. Also tooltips for the quick bar links were already suggested here and would be useful for it as well.

DeletedUser

That's an advantage...

yeah thats an advantage, there are advantages when its only on the page where you need it..and thats also the reason why until now hundreds of links which were implemented into the game were only put there where it makes sense and not a single one of them into the quick bar (only the links which work everywhere are there) ..because thats just the only way which is logical... -.-

so when implementing it into the game there are both possibilities, only on the page where its used, or everywhere..
when you see how many advantages it has to make it only on this page, why dont you want that?
i dont understand that at all o.o

wheres the advantage and the reason to have it in the quick bar?
while it could be implemented as i suggested, logically, not taking any space, not confusing at all, just..perfect??

i dont see any reason for putting these things into the quick bar instead of implementing them at the right place for all..

and this doesnt have to do anything with german community, other communities...i want it for everybody, ingame! no need for gm-scripts or user written self inserted quick bar scripts..
to get the advantages for everyone..

the way youre arguing at the moment, you could also say: lets put the "attack" button out of the rally point and put it into the quick bar..
you can only use it in the rally point, but no, its not at all confusing having it anywhere always in the quick bar..when new players click it they will be told to go to the rally point, so wheres the problem! -.-
and when they are in the rally point and want to attack, just let them search for the links which they can use on this page in the quick bar...yeah \o/

i dont know where youre problem is..
the possibility to not only mint maximum coins everywhere, but also make it more specified, is already implemented...this change to it would only be an addition, in my oppinion a very usefull addition, because it makes much more sense to leave ress for 1 or 2 coins in all villages, than to make 2 coins everywhere and have some villages still nearly full whily others are completely empty...

so please give opinions on this topic, would you find it usefull, would you use it, yes or no, and reasons..

anything else is off-topic..

DeletedUser73

Despite the number of replies to this thread, there aren't any posts commenting directly on the idea itself. Could we get some of those?

DeletedUser

Change the wording from select, to All But [1x], and I'm good with it.

DeletedUser

yeah the wording doesnt matter..
but maybe it shouldnt be instead of choosing the normal numbers for all villages, sometimes this can also be usefull
so should be possible additionally