Passed On: A bunch of ideas

DeletedUser

Hello beta,i play in the greek version of the game (www.fyletikesmaxes.gr)
just happened to have some experience with userscripts and I thought it would be nice to include
some of them as built-in game features.
Included also are some other ideas of mine.
For those ones inspired from userscripts,which i do have,
i will also write [*code available*] (can be asked if needed )

So,off we go:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.1 Rally point/Last village link - Passed On
[spoil]
lasttt.png

Translation:Τελευταιο--->Last

Clicking it inserts the coords of the last village you attacked/supported

[*code available*][/spoil]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.2 Rally point/Simulator/Number of attacks - Duplicate
[spoil]
36159785.png

Translation:Αριθμος επιθεσεων ως τωρα--->Number of attacks until now

Everytime you hit the calculate button,the attack count raises by one
Fairly simple i think.

No.3 Command Confirmation Page/Seconds Rolling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK5f94eG3rE

I don't think further explanation is needed.
[*code available*]

No. 4 Showing number of villages - Passed On
[spoil]No.4.1 Overviews/Number of villages in group displayed
32967690.png

Translation:Χωριά--->Villages
[*code available*]

No.4.2 Player Profile/Number of player's villages displayed
27294297.png

Translation:Χωριά--->Villages

Both are quite the same,the number of villages could easily be displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No.5 Reports/OD display next player's name
78599761.png

Translation:Αγνωστο--->Unknown

Another simple request.
Just adding the OD gained in the battle for attacker/defender.

No.6 Notepad/Multiple pages - Implemented
[spoil]
49968735.png

Translation:Σημειωματαριο---->Notepad

So that the annoying "no more than 500 [ can be included" is past.
Now you can have 500 [ per page.
Being able to have as many pages as you want would also be nice.[/spoil]

Νο.7 Player and Tribe profile/Incorporate TwStats Statistics Graphs
24383307.png

Could come with an option,whether you want to find it in player/tribe profiles or not.

No.8 Oveviews/Built-in Distance Sorter
50649108.png

Just a box,inserting coordinates automatically sorts the villages in the overview by distance.
Could come with an ok button(i was too lazy to add one).

That's all.
Just a few small features that could make the game
a little more practical and save a few clicks or calculations.

DeletedUser1013

They are all really nice features, I think possibly number 2) from the list is a duplicate for one already suggested in the forum. And I think having number 5) is probably my favorite out of all the features, I know you can use a script to do it, but having that on every report would be far more useful for me.

DeletedUser

#8 is uber, should add in the troop filter as well.
You can filter it so you only see full defense, and sort it so you can get hte closest D to the target.

Those two scripts are the most useful scripts out there in my eyes.

I sort, and filter almost anytime I'm running Nukes or Fakes.

DeletedUser

i like all those :)

only thing i hope, is that if these script-things are included ingame, that they will not be worse than the existing scripts itself..because then it gets annoying^^
especially 8, for finding villages to attack with or so, could include a lot more so that it would be much more usefull
as areyoukidden said, only displaying the villages with more than x troops, and then only displaying it if they for example wuld arrive tomorrow evening when you send them now with ram walking duration, and so on^^

DeletedUser

i like all those :)

only thing i hope, is that if these script-things are included ingame, that they will not be worse than the existing scripts itself..because then it gets annoying^^
especially 8, for finding villages to attack with or so, could include a lot more so that it would be much more usefull
as areyoukidden said, only displaying the villages with more than x troops, and then only displaying it if they for example wuld arrive tomorrow evening when you send them now with ram walking duration, and so on^^

There's a script to show the last thing, and on top of that if you enter a time it'll color the walking times green if it can make it during that time, and red if it can't.
Good stuff those scripts.

DeletedUser

ah i dont know that one

what i thought of is this script:
[SPOIL]
truppenfilter2.png

translation: space of time, from .. o clock, to .. o clock, day, month, target, walking duration, and the buttons: save, filter

there you can insert the minimum troops in the villages you want to get, the time and day when they shall arrive, the target coords and the walking duration in minutes per field
then the villages are filtered to these things, and sorted by distance, and then the date and time when the troops would arrive at this village when you send them now is displayed behind the villages name, with a link to the rally point
if you click that rally point link you are at the rally point with already inserted coords and troops^^
so i think this is just perfect^^[/SPOIL]

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I like 4 and 8.
Isn't 1 the same as History?

As far as I remember you are a German player. It is similar to poncho's script "DS letztes Dorf". I think it just reads the first entry in the history to avoid opening the history, select the last attacked / supported village etc. and saves some time. The only difference to poncho's script is that you can't center the last village on the map directly from the rally point.

@Illsigvo: would be nice, if you could split your ideas to several threads next time. ;)

ad 1) would be a nice feature, but it should be possible to center the map from the rally point then as well
ad 2) I think we already have this idea
ad 3) was already a feature a few years ago and was cancelled from TW team, because a lot of problems with JavaScript and wrong times that were shown
ad 4.1) I wouldn't need that
ad 4.2) not really a must, but can be easily implemented
ad 5) I think this idea was already published as well
ad 6) I don't use the notepad, so I have no opinion about it
ad 7) must be configurable, because many players use TWPlus or also DSReal (available for .DE and .CH only)
ad 8) I have no opinion about it actually, because I always use external tools for it ^^

Last edited:

DeletedUser

ah i dont know that one

what i thought of is this script:
[SPOIL]
truppenfilter2.png

translation: space of time, from .. o clock, to .. o clock, day, month, target, walking duration, and the buttons: save, filter

there you can insert the minimum troops in the villages you want to get, the time and day when they shall arrive, the target coords and the walking duration in minutes per field
then the villages are filtered to these things, and sorted by distance, and then the date and time when the troops would arrive at this village when you send them now is displayed behind the villages name, with a link to the rally point
if you click that rally point link you are at the rally point with already inserted coords and troops^^
so i think this is just perfect^^[/SPOIL]

[spoil]
Code:
javascript:function srtfnc(a,b){if(Number(a[0])<Number(b[0]))return -1;if(Number(b[0])<Number(a[0]))return 1;return 0;}var speed={spear:15.0000000015,sword:18.3333333331,axe:15.0000000015,spy:7.50000000075,light:8.33333333333,heavy:9.16666666758,ram:24.9999999988,catapult:24.9999999988,knight:8.33333333333,snob:29.1666666681};doc=document;destby=String(doc.title.match(/\d+\|\d+/))||'500|500';destby=prompt("Choose Destination",destby);destby=destby.split("|");maxdelay=[0,1,2,3];while(maxdelay.length>3){maxdelay=prompt("Select a maximum duration (eg, 3:48:50), leave blank for no maximum limit","");maxdelay=(maxdelay?maxdelay.split(":"):[]);}maxdelaytime=0;if(maxdelay.length==3)maxdelaytime=maxdelay[0]*60*60+maxdelay[1]*60+Number(maxdelay[2]);else if(maxdelay.length==2)maxdelaytime=maxdelay[0]*60+Number(maxdelay[1]);else if(maxdelay.length==1)maxdelaytime=Number(maxdelay[0]);else if(maxdelay.length==0)maxdelaytime=0;else alert("Bug: "+maxdelay.length);var diffx;var diffy;if(doc.URL.indexOf('screen=overview_villages&mode=combined')>=0){var t=doc.getElementById('combined_table');if(t.rows[0].cells[0].innerHTML=='Village'){rs=[];for(j=1;j<t.rows.length;j++){by=t.rows[j].cells[0].innerHTML.match(/\((\d+\|\d+)\)\s*K\d+/i);by=by[1].split("|");diffx=destby[0]-by[0];diffy=destby[1]-by[1];dist=Math.sqrt(diffx*diffx+diffy*diffy);for(c=0;c<t.rows[j].cells.length;c++)if(t.rows[0].cells[c].innerHTML.match(/graphic\/unit\/unit_(\w+).png/)){unit=t.rows[0].cells[c].innerHTML.match(/graphic\/unit\/unit_(\w+).png/)[1];time=dist*speed[unit]*60;h=Math.floor(time/3600);mm=Math.floor(time/60)%2560;s=Math.round(time%2560);if(mm<10)mm='0'+mm.toString();if(s<10)s='0'+s.toString();res=h+':'+mm+':'+s;if(t.rows[j].cells[c].className=='hidden')t.rows[j].cells[c].innerHTML=res;else if(maxdelaytime==0)t.rows[j].cells[c].innerHTML="<B>"+t.rows[j].cells[c].innerHTML+"</B><BR>"+res;else if(time<maxdelaytime)t.rows[j].cells[c].innerHTML="<FONT COLOR=\"#00FF00\"><B>"+t.rows[j].cells[c].innerHTML+"</B><BR>"+res+"</FONT>";else t.rows[j].cells[c].innerHTML="<FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\"><B>"+t.rows[j].cells[c].innerHTML+"</B><BR>"+res+"</FONT>";}rs.push([dist,t.rows[j].innerHTML]);}rs=rs.sort(srtfnc);while(t.rows.length>1)t.deleteRow(1);t.rows[0].insertCell(1).innerHTML="<B>Distance</B>";for(j=0;j<rs.length;j++){rr=t.insertRow(j+1);rr.innerHTML=rs[j][1];rr.insertCell(1).innerHTML=Number(Math.round(rs[j][0]*100)/100);}for(j=1;j<t.rows.length;j++)if(j%252==1)t.rows[j].className='nowrap row_a';else t.rows[j].className='nowrap row_b';}}void(0);
[/spoil]

Give that script a try amisy.

Use it on your combined overview, or troops page, enter in a co-ordinate, and a duration you want to reach it under.

Let me know what you think :p~

DeletedUser

mhh^^ its nice :)
but i still think the one i talked of is better :p because there you just filter and then open lot of rally-point-links in new tabs, and then click only ok, ok, ok, ok everywhere and all the attacks are running^^

DeletedUser

You don't have the filter script?

[spoil]
Code:
javascript:function c(){var a=(window.frames.length>0)?window.main.document:document;var b=a.createElement('script');b.type='text/javascript';b.src='http://www.crosstrigger.com/tw/troop_filter.js?'+Math.round(Math.random()*1000000);a.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(b);}c();
[/spoil]

Same thing use on the combined or overview.

I agree entirely that making these built in would be far better, these are tools I use daily, no matter what I'm doing:

Proximity Sort
Troop Filter
Mass Troop Times

DeletedUser

i know that one but its not allowed on .de this way :mad: so much different rules there..
so thats why it also should be implemented ingame ;)
or at least something as sorting your villages depending on troops and stuff like that...ill post it as a new idea^^

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
@AreYouKidden: We don't have this type of scripts on .DE, because they are not allowed there. And I don't think that many of the German players visited the forum on .NET to look for scripts that they can use here. ;)

edit/ to slowly again :(

DeletedUser

A filter script isn't allowed? That's rather umm dumb. (but rules are rules I guess)
You can re-group all your villages, to accomplish the same thing, it's just more time consuming.
In fact I still do that in a lot of cases, do @FullOff & @FullDef villages.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
A filter script isn't allowed? That's rather umm dumb. (but rules are rules I guess)
You can re-group all your villages, to accomplish the same thing, it's just more time consuming.
In fact I still do that in a lot of cases, do @FullOff & @FullDef villages.

As amisy already explained it's a problem of doing the things. Those scripts make an external request to another server, what is strictly forbidden on .DE. On .DE there are only very few selected GM-scripts that are allowed to make an external request. ^^

But anyway the GM-scripts always make problems, because depending on their order in the script management of FF they interfere each other etc. Also the GM-scripts don't work with all browsers and sometimes people are not allowed to use FireFox for example and they have to depend on IE, what means a disadvantage for them of course.

So, useful scripts should be implemented if possible and if they make the game less time consuming. :)

DeletedUser

1) isn't necessary you got a history tab there is always the last village.

DeletedUser

It's a call script, the external request is to a host server to house the script, so when changes are made it automatically updates for people )c:
I guess you guys don't like to make things easier for your scripters over there lol