As we are an international server, the official language is English only. Other languages should be limited to well known or translated short quotes/phrases and used in the appropriate situation.
- Treat each other with respect and remain polite. Do not forget that there are people of different ages, nationalities and gaming 'know-how'. Therefore, please remain patient if questions arise that you may consider “stupid” or “childish”.
- Please do not feed the trolls or post in threads or reply to posts that are likely to be deleted due to the content. Posts like “In before lock” are forbidden
- You may use methods to provoke your opponents in the 'Politics and Propaganda' forum as long as the tactics are game-based.
- Personal insults are not allowed anywhere, not on the forum nor in any other (private) format. All insults or “flames” are to be strictly game-related, any Real Life (RL) related insults will be strictly punished.
- It is not allowed to rebuke another user concerning his/her grammar/spelling. If the content is unreadable due to grammar/spelling, you can ask for clarification.
- Impersonating Staff is strictly forbidden.
- Provoking the Staff is forbidden.
- Players who deliberately act against the building of a community will be denied access to the forums.
- Avoid double posting! Use the 'Edit' or the 'multi-quote' buttons instead.
- Proofread your posts to avoid making mistakes.
- Quote only the relevant parts of posts you are replying to so posts don't get unnecessarily long.
- Read the entire topic before posting to prevent repetition of arguments/questions
- Use clear titles when creating a topic. “Question” is not a clear title for example.
- Post answers/comments that are relevant and relate/refer to the thread topic. Non-sensical posts are useless and better remain unposted.
- Post a new topic/thread in the appropriate forum.
- Before you post a new topic, verify there has not already been a similar topic.
- It is allowed to post pictures without any comment, but only if they obviously refer to the topic of the thread.
- Pictures are restricted to a max. size of 640x480 pixels.
- Larger pictures NEED to be placed in a spoiler or only linked.
- Anything deemed politically or religiously extreme, pornographic, illegal, or unsavory in any way is prohibited in this game whether posted or referenced.
- Racist or ethnic bashing comments are forbidden even if used in jest.
- Mentioning drugs is allowed, but comments that play down the use of illegal drugs or promote the use of said substances are strictly forbidden.
- Starring out characters like "F*ck" does not make it any less a swear word. It is still perfectly understandable and still intentionally offensive, and thus is forbidden in all forms. This is Similarly the case for Acronyms such as GTFO or STFU. The meanings are known, and they are infractable offences.
Real Life/Private informationIt is forbidden to post information regarding the private lives of other users without their express permission, as it is a gross abuse of privacy. This includes RL pictures, school/college/job information etc.
CopyrightDo not use copyrighted materials of any kind in your posts.
- All members have the right to report posts made by members of the forum. Only use this function to report posts that break the rules.
- Reported posts must be accompanied by a reason for the report.
- After the report has been sent it will be checked by a moderator. Abuse of the report system is prohibited and violators will be warned or - in extreme cases – banned.
Users are responsible for ensuring that the pages they link do not contain material that violates the forum rules. Players are held responsible for the contents of their links.
- Rule breaches by another player or yourself In Game can only be discussed in the support system.
- Any discussion or reference to bans/cheating (forum & In Game) is forbidden.
- The Staff will always act with discretion to maintain Moderator – Player privacy, we expect this to be upheld by the players as well.
It is strictly forbidden to use the forums to advertise or organise raids upon other forums. Raiding another forum in itself will also not be tolerated. Violations of this rule will result in a removal from the forums.
Signatures and Avatars
Avatars may not exceed 80x80 Pixels. Animated images and links with referrer-IDs are not allowed.
The signature may not exceed 700px in width or 80px in height. This is the maximum size limit for the entire sig, not for individual components. Two pictures of 80px in height one above the other = 160px, and is thus illegal. Any combination of items that exceeds a total of 700px by 80px is illegal and will be punished.
Below is a list of the height values in pixels we have assigned the different items your signature may contain:
- A line of normal-sized text (size 2) = 15px
- A line of small text (size 1) = 10px
- A blank line = 15px
- A bb-code quote (1 line) = 65px
- A bb-code quote (2 or 3 lines) = 80px
- Spoiler = 50px
- A picture = whatever height it has (viewable by right-clicking it and selecting properties)
- Forum-native emotes = 15 px
- Items not listed above are not allowed to be used in your signature.
- Animated pictures of any kind are prohibited; note that this includes the animated emoticons provided by the forum.
- Quote generators are illegal.
- The rules regarding the Content of posts (see above) also apply to the content of signatures, though we are stricter on images containing sexual references or connotations in signatures.
- Signatures inside Spoiler Tags may not exceed 700px in width, nor 300px in height.
- Everything within a spoiler must be within the rules (posting rules and signature rules), except it's allowed to have it higher than 80 px.
The moderators are volunteers recruited by the Community Management.
They oversee the forums, bug tracker and the game. They will moderate fairly and answer any questions you may have if they are able to.
If you have a problem with the moderation, please contact a moderator with you problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem, should one exist. Do not create a topic or post in public about it.
We allow no discussion (this includes instigating discussion, by mentioning specific bans or moderating actions) of Moderation. If you have complaints on a Moderator and/or their decisions, please contact Tracey. If your issues are In Game and not Forum related, please use the support system to file a complaint. If you think your request/complaint affects a large part of the community and has to be discussed in public, you have the right to post it in the “Questions and Discussion” forum in a non-provoking and well-phrased way.
Breaching of the assigned rules will lead to a warning or an infraction. The creation of other accounts to evade the blocking of the forum account is not allowed and will be punished. A permanent account ban can be issued for the forum and the game if persistent Ban Evading occurs.
When you are banned, it means that you are banned from posting through any medium. This includes creating a new account in order to post or having someone post on your behalf and is considered Ban Evading.
The Staff has the right to edit or delete posts and close topics. Follow their instructions.
Arguing against the TribalWars team that violates these rules will be punished and topics that seek to create or worsen existing problems will be deleted.
If you notice that your post/topic was deleted, it was done for a good reason. Please to not repost and PM the Moderator in question why it was removed.
Use of private messagesConversations, discussions and arguments between two people should be done in private. Please use the private message system in this forum or other applications (e.g. IRC, skype, ...)
Topics and/or posts that are created solely for the purpose of advertising other websites without connection to "Tribal Wars" are forbidden. "Referer-ID's" and thief-game-links are particularly unwanted. Discussions relating to other games are allowed.
We regret that we cannot outline every single action that is legal or illegal on the forums in this set of Rules, but we hope that you as the users of this forum can understand that due to the fact that there are an endless number of situations which might arise, in order to keep these rules as concise and understandable as possible we have left out variations and specific sub-cases of some of the above rules in attempt to keep the length of the Rules down.