Implemented: Option to Hide Awards

DeletedUser66

I've just thought of something.

Would it be possible to allow your awards to be only seen by tribe members/yourself instead of everyone?

Yes it is possible. You can suggest it in Idea section and we will surely consider it :)

Now as LMNOP suggested, I've decided to make a topic for such a suggestion.

Now at this stage of the game awards can be used to judge one's activity (e.g. hauls, villages they attack etc.) so I was thinking that there should be an option to hide the awards you get to be only for you to see, only for your tribe/friends to see, and for everyone to see. (Being general here, as it may get overly complex otherwise).

So would it be possible to implement such an idea? Because some may not be as active as others, and you might not want to reveal what awards you have. Though to an extent it defeats the purpose - it would be nice just to have the feature, so people don't 'judge' you on awards etc. for activity >_>

EDIT:

There is already an option to hide them as far as I know.But there is no option to make them visible to only tribe and friends.

I just saw it :p Still, there should be the option to make it just tribe members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do you mean "per award" settings or one global switch?

ie - set up privilegie to every award separately (not seen/internal/external) or one globa setting (all enabled visible to tribe - all enabled visible to public .... and left current base enable/disable system untouched)

DeletedUser66

Do you mean "per award" settings or one global switch?

ie - set up privilegie to every award separately (not seen/internal/external) or one globa setting (all enabled visible to tribe - all enabled visible to public .... and left current base enable/disable system untouched)

A switch which goes for every award.

There would be three switches.

Everyone - Awards are visible to Everyone.
Tribe and Friends - Awards are visible to your Tribe Members and Friends.
You - Awards are only visible to you.

^ this is what I mean.

DeletedUser

There is already an option to hide them as far as I know.But there is no option to make them visible to only tribe and friends.

DeletedUser66

I just saw it :p Still, there should be the option to make it just tribe members.

DeletedUser

ok, thx

Regardless of my meanig about awards itself, if award exists yet, this idea looks good. You have my vote. +1

But, afraid, most "normal" players will be powerless to set up any award visible, so not trying to figure to explaining them "categories" of visibility.

DeletedUser

This is not such a big deal,but would still be good and easy (I suppose) to introduce.

DeletedUser

Awards are to boast, I really don't see the point in hiding them TBH.

DeletedUser66

Awards are to boast, I really don't see the point in hiding them TBH.

Then read again.

Awards can be used to judge one's activity. Some may not want to have their activity and skill 'judged' against others on the basis of awards.

DeletedUser

There's shitloads of tools to judge one's activity, so why would this idea make a difference?
And why is it a bloody problem to see if someone's inactive, ffs?

DeletedUser

If someone is inactive than you can attack easier, or if someone is inactive you wont invite him in your tribe

DeletedUser66

There's shitloads of tools to judge one's activity, so why would this idea make a difference?
And why is it a bloody problem to see if someone's inactive, ffs?

Rather - semi-inactive. You took the word 'activity' and took it to 'inactive'. I never said I was talking about an 'inactive' player - and if someone is inactive, there are other tools you can measure activity by.

I wouldn't want to be compared to someone on the basis of awards. I do not want to be given favouritism because of awards. I do not want to be called an 'inactive' soley because there is competitve farming in my area and I can't get very high hauls. I do not want to be called a bad farmer soley because the other nubs around me nobled all my farms.

Now I'm not really in this situation (I'm going quite nicely really - I've written in first person for emphasis) - though really, the option should be there so if people want they can just show it to tribe members - and if people wished to, they could have competitions so people get more active, rather than people locking themselves up completely.

DeletedUser

Rather - semi-inactive. You took the word 'activity' and took it to 'inactive'. I never said I was talking about an 'inactive' player - and if someone is inactive, there are other tools you can measure activity by.

I wouldn't want to be compared to someone on the basis of awards. I do not want to be given favouritism because of awards. I do not want to be called an 'inactive' soley because there is competitve farming in my area and I can't get very high hauls. I do not want to be called a bad farmer soley because the other nubs around me nobled all my farms.

Now I'm not really in this situation (I'm going quite nicely really - I've written in first person for emphasis) - though really, the option should be there so if people want they can just show it to tribe members - and if people wished to, they could have competitions so people get more active, rather than people locking themselves up completely.

If people want to call you inactive, they do.
It's always the same "no u!"-bullshit.
The reason doesn't really matter, does it?

DeletedUser

And from what I've learnt it does matter.

I do not want to be 'judged' on something as petty as awards.

You get judged on your points, your nick, your avatar, your way of posting, your online times and on who you talk to.

DeletedUser66

You get judged on your points, your nick, your avatar, your way of posting, your online times and on who you talk to.

I've bolded the ones which to me sound completely idiotic.

Since when has in-game skill (or anything for that matter) had anything to do with one's nick or avatar? :confused:

DeletedUser515

IMO this is a good idea, especially if you are on speed and you take a couple hours off or something.