Passed On: World data

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Not really an idea, just a question. ^^

Is there any intention to offer the awards as a txt-file for download to implement them in external forums in the users profile?

Will the army camps be inserted in the village.txt? If they are, how will they be named?

DeletedUser

Not planned at the moment, but maybe we add it into our API later.

DeletedUser

Not really an idea, just a question. ^^

Is there any intention to offer the awards as a txt-file for download to implement them in external forums in the users profile?

Will the army camps be inserted in the village.txt? If they are, how will they be named?
If the awards are publicly viewable then publishing them as part of the player.txt.gz would probably be a nice addition for external tools and such.

But as far as I understand (which isn't far) you have the option to show the awards or not.
If this is the case then it will either,
Only be possible to publish the awards for those players that allow them to be seen
Or just not release that info.

And I don't really understand army camps so I don't know what info could be published in relation to them :)

DeletedUser90

Army camps and building sites for army camps take up One free space on map (not lake, trees, hills, other villages etc) and are viewable as soon as construction starts ie get a value in village.txt (or at least should if not in a separate file named camps.txt?)

Edit: The info published about army camps and use for it would be to extract camp1, camp2, camp3 and so forth (I give them number as example) from the file and show only them on a map (similar to twstats-map), hence giving a faster overview where they are atm and prepare for actions against it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah I see well then they should really be included in the village.txt would make sense :)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
But as far as I understand (which isn't far) you have the option to show the awards or not.
If this is the case then it will either,
Only be possible to publish the awards for those players that allow them to be seen
Or just not release that info.

Yes, the player can hide awards if he wants to, but it should be possible (from Inno's side) to publish only those awards that are not hidden.

My intention for the army camps is not to show them on any kind of map, but to send an alert message to those players located in the range of an enemy army camp for example. Most tribes using the DSphpBB update the world data every hour, so they can be warned early enough to prepare themselves and must not trust on finding an army camp on the map by accident (I don't know many players watching the map in a later period of the game, when their villages are located over several continents etc.).

DeletedUser

Something like this? Concept:

-------

$id - unique ID (unique to villages ID's and camps ID's, but not necessary in village autoincrenet ID range)

$name - any text (not less than 3, if external sw counts with TW allowable minimum 3 letters for normal villages)

$x,$y, - x,y

$player - text "A00000" where "A" is really letter "A" (as mark and as ally) and "00000" is ally ID army camp belongs to

$points - zero? one? worlds village max possible? (well, zero is little bit dangerous but not so much. may be zero)

$rank - 128 not fully constructed, 129 fully constructed (Hope, 128+ are free, not studied all new ranks for bonuses for 5.x+)

-------

Not testet army camps directly by me. Not sure, if on low level camps are linked to player or to ally (e.g. if disappear if their founder /player/ leaves game or if ally closed). If linked to player, then $player would be "P000000" and numbers w'd be player ID.

Starting letter in $player ... for backward compatibility. Not directly player ID (if some sw make sum of villages by player ID form village.txt). And hope, most sw renders it as zero player (if int conversion) or unknown ID (if as text) and ignore it as out of range. And numers after letter can show "owner" ally, without new format of csv

Last edited by a moderator:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Sorry, but I must bring this issue back to the first page, even if only developers of external tools would need it. ^^

DeletedUser73

Just out of curiosity while we await further feedback, how would you use the data gained from an awards.txt file?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
The awards would be shown in the players profile, memberlist etc. of an external tool.

The information about the army camps will be needed to show the army camps on maps and also to easily send an ingame message from an external tool to your tribe mates in that area, where army camps are build. So, players mustn't watch the map permanently and want be surprised by it.