Rejected: several languages

DeletedUser90

You can interpret it however you like, but the fact remains that what you are describing is neither racism or Nazism.

How do you interpret it then?
Because if you interpret that pure one-language-based servers/communities in one country is not nazi-thinking, with thinking that other nationalities, people not that fluent in english or whichever language it is, people not that well educated are not worthy of playing on that country-specific server (or .net) I am starting to get worried what kind of people InnoGames are hiring.

Or is every server/community only reaching out for the specific ones living in that country?
Noone but fluent in german and/or living in Germany is "allowed" to play on ds?

.net stands for which country?

Morthy

Developer
Elder Moderator
Reaction score
How do you interpret it then?
Because if you interpret that pure one-language-based servers/communities in one country is not nazi-thinking, with thinking that other nationalities, people not that fluent in english or whichever language it is, people not that well educated are not worthy of playing on that country-specific server (or .net) I am starting to get worried what kind of people InnoGames are hiring.

Or is every server/community only reaching out for the specific ones living in that country?
Noone but fluent in german and/or living in Germany is "allowed" to play on ds?

.net stands for which country?

I interpret it as someone saying if they wish to see their language, they should play on the version created for them.

Again, racism is when you discriminate based on someone's race. Language is a completely separate matter. Nazism is another can of worms. Again, please learn the definition of these words before you accuse people of being racist and supporting Nazi ideologies. These are extremely serious allegations and could be considered libel.

DeletedUser90

I interpret it as someone saying if they wish to see their language, they should play on the version created for them.

Again, racism is when you discriminate based on someone's race. Language is a completely separate matter. Nazism is another can of worms. Again, please learn the definition of these words before you accuse people of being racist and supporting Nazi ideologies. These are extremely serious allegations and could be considered libel.

Lets do that then Morthy, lets separate it all... and use wikipedia and then perhaps even some other webpages that defines racism for you so you can understand it when you se it.

Legal

The UN does not define "racism", however it does define "racial discrimination": according to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. '[3]

This definition does not make any difference between prosecutions based on ethnicity and race, in part because the distinction between the two remains debatable among anthropologists.[4] According to British law, racial group means "any group of people who are defined by reference to their race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin".[5]

DeletedUser196

@Bertil don`t argue with Morthy he is way smarter than you, and especially don`t argue with him over .net version, hes bean there since the beginning i think. Also .net is for world wide users to use, and because eng. is spoken by most people worldwide, the eng. language is used there. BTW: "I am starting to get worried what kind of people InnoGames are hiring." I`m starting to get worried about where you come from, ms. smart.

Morthy

Developer
Elder Moderator
Reaction score
Lets do that then Morthy, lets separate it all... and use wikipedia and then perhaps even some other webpages that defines racism for you so you can understand it when you se it.

Suggesting someone play on a market where their language is used does not come under that definition.

I have now politely asked you to stop making unfounded and potentially libelous accusations twice - please stop.

DeletedUser90

@Bertil don`t argue with Morthy he is way smarter than you, and especially don`t argue with him over .net version, hes bean there since the beginning i think. Also .net is for world wide users to use, and because eng. is spoken by most people worldwide, the eng. language is used there.

Mandarin and spanish is even bigger.

This is no contest of seeing who is smartest, we are discussing as two mature beings, perhaps a little bit stubborn but still a mature discussion/conversation.

DeletedUser90

Suggesting someone play on a market where their language is used does not come under that definition.

I have now politely asked you to stop making unfounded and potentially libelous accusations twice - please stop.

Trying to switch subject with that last line?

Racism is still racism, and I have given you facts for you to understand how it can look like, not stating that is IS.
Did I say it "was" or did i say somewhat similar to "it looks to me" and "I interpret it as"?

Please do not put words in my mouth that I have not spoken, thanks in advance

DeletedUser110

@Bertil: I don't care how you accuse it: racizm, nacizm or anything else. This is Unversal Version of game, and the universal langauge is ENGLISH LANGUAGE. If we will start to translate everything, then I don't see the meaning of Universal - or in other world: every other TW (.co.uk, .de., .si, .bh etc) could be Universal - we can translate everything there too! So it's a bad idea.

Besides, why wouldn't you guys rather learn some English? You will use that alot. I'm not native English, but I'm glad that I can train my skills in such online games.

So stop with your rasistic or nacistic thoughts and accusations, because this BETA is based on ENGLISH - if you don't like it /quit, if you would like to stay Have Fun and Nice Nobling.

DeletedUser90

I was mainly reffering to people that post that there is language-based communities for playing TW and that those players not so fluent in English should stay at those.
That is what I call racism/nazism and I where InnoGames stand in that question.

This thread is named Ideas, can be used for implementing new things in the version we are testing if all goes well, as we hope for.
Something for developers to think of, maybe even test it before new version comes out.

Langauge/nation-chosen Premium-page is displayed - so displaying entire game with a specific language is doable and rather easy.
It also makes layout-bugs, in other languages then English, appear BEFORE actual release.

This was announced as a "Non specifik language beta version" of Die-Staemme.

I called it racism/nazism, and info on wikipedia and alot more pages states that language-excluding could be a part of racism.

But about this idea of translating the "ingame menus" - i still think it is a good idea and worth thinking for the developers.
Now we have a test-server, instead of official servers.
We have alot of different nationalities and languages spoken.
We can easily test for layout-bugs, translation errors in all the servers that are officially opened.

A referer in the code to "get" text from other version then .net-language-server should be rather easy to do?
The translations are almost already done on the servers that have opened with 6.x?

DeletedUser110

I'm agreeing only with the part that maybe "Help" could be translated in some other language that don't have their own version of TW. But not the entire game.

DeletedUser90

I'm agreeing only with the part that maybe "Help" could be translated in some other language that don't have their own version of TW. But not the entire game.

The idea was to use the already translated version.
Help should be translated aswell to the "correct language" of the server.

For example:
French players login on w87.net (they have own tw also)
The french player goes to Setting, changes Game-interface to French, clicks OK - server sends information from "text-for-game-interface-server.fr" where all "french files" (no - not fries) are hosted, and show them to the french user.
You on the other hand, when feeling like beating the shiet out of some arabic or chinese players on there servers, You create account and will propably (faster then I and Morthy disagreed) change Game-interface to .net-version (in this case English).

All can take part of this game, whereever you live or origin, in that language you prefer - that also have own community/server (hence leaving it to each CM for each server as it is now to get translation done).

DeletedUser196

The idea was to use the already translated version.
Help should be translated aswell to the "correct language" of the server.

For example:
French players login on w87.net (they have own tw also)
The french player goes to Setting, changes Game-interface to French, clicks OK - server sends information from "text-for-game-interface-server.fr" where all "french files" (no - not fries) are hosted, and show them to the french user.
You on the other hand, when feeling like beating the shiet out of some arabic or chinese players on there servers, You create account and will propably (faster then I and Morthy disagreed) change Game-interface to .net-version (in this case English).

All can take part of this game, whereever you live or origin, in that language you prefer - that also have own community/server (hence leaving it to each CM for each server as it is now to get translation done).

if that were to be implanted, we would not be needing other versions of TW.

DeletedUser110

I know it's your idea and suggestion - but I'm simply not agreeing with it, because it will lose meaning of .net use.
Idea is NOT bad - but I doubt that InnoGames will agree on that.

Different Troop names
Different Building Names
These may cause alot of confusion - and can you imagine how servers will be working? You need lots of space to transfer entire game language (because basicly that's the whole game) to ONE server.

I don't see it being possible. I can't imagine 20 langauges being on one server.

DeletedUser90

I know it's your idea and suggestion - but I'm simply not agreeing with it, because it will lose meaning of .net use.
Idea is NOT bad - but I doubt that InnoGames will agree on that.

Different Troop names
Different Building Names
These may cause alot of confusion - and can you imagine how servers will be working? You need lots of space to transfer entire game language (because basicly that's the whole game) to ONE server.

I don't see it being possible. I can't imagine 20 langauges being on one server.

Language server is a "sub-server" for each language-version as I understand when I have talked/written to CMs and admins.

@ ubijalec124 - It would maybe give more players playing on settings they prefer instead of have to wait several months. Also alot more perhaps would join every world - and with ads-server that maybe is language-based or target specific (contry), that would give more income to InnoGames in the end.

Setting this up would maybe take some time (cross-linking in databases), but hey, this is a test version that all can participate in.
Btw, language-choice was available in some GM-scripts that I have been testing - for InnoGames with approval.
But of course, there is not bad nor good ideas, only those that will be implemented and rejected :D

DeletedUser196

@ ubijalec124 - It would maybe give more players playing on settings they prefer instead of have to wait several months. Also alot more perhaps would join every world - and with ads-server that maybe is language-based or target specific (contry), that would give more income to InnoGames in the end.

i really doubt this.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

The English of the automatic translators is very bad, as well as my French ;)

So our beta is for people who speaks English in a assumable way. I know my English isn't the best, and I'm not a native, but i guess everyone got what i want to say.
Yes, your English is very bad !
i => I !!