New feature Feedback - Strongholds

JawJaw

Community Manager
Reaction score
Dear players

today we would like to introduce you to our next, new feature in Tribal Wars. The strongholds! You and your tribe will be able to pool your resources and construct these mighty Strongholds to help you crush your foes!

With this announcement we are going to give you a quick overview on the feature and detail the most important aspects.

The stronghold will premier together with the restart of worlds zz1 and zz2. We will be closing these worlds on Wednesday and re-open them, with the newest Strongholds, on Thursday.

What are strongholds?
stronghold_2_2_100pxh.jpg

Strongholds are bulwarks each tribe can build on the map. They will help your tribe to expand, and crush your enemies defenses. While very costly to construct, they provide your tribe with a set of different advantages and can be upgraded for even more powerful benefits.

While strongholds cannot be conquered, they can be destroyed with siege equipment, and if not reconstructed in time they will be removed from the map permanently. Strongholds will have all necessary buildings, but in contrast to normal villages they will be upgraded together with the stronghold itself. While the troops recruited in the stronghold do not differ from those from normal villages, strongholds do use a system called "Valor", which is similar to morale. If a stronghold attacks an enemy stronghold of a significantly larger tribe the units will get a bonus, if they attack a stronghold belonging to a significantly smaller tribe they will be weaker.

How to build a stronghold?
stronghold_2_3_100pxh.jpg

Each duke will find the option to construct a stronghold in the new stronghold overview screen. Once the location is chosen and the construction begins the tribe must deliver the needed resources in time and the duke must begin the construction; otherwise all resources delivered will be lost. When the construction has finished the new stronghold will be visible on the map and ready to be used. While the stronghold belongs to the tribe, only barons and dukes have full access to it and can control the troops recruited there.

Which benefits do they bring?
stronghold_3_100pxh.jpg

Next to the ability to host more troops and recruit them double as fast as normal villages can, the stronghold is also able to provide several specific bonuses. For each stronghold level the effect of your currently active tribe skill will be increased by 10%. Additionally, should you decide to attack an enemy stronghold and your tribe manages to reduce the enemy stronghold by one (or more) levels, all tribe members will be rewarded with coins and an additional recruitment speed buff will be added to your stronghold temporarily.

For more detailed information, a wiki article will be provided in the very near future!

We are looking forward to seeing you on our newest beta worlds and are looking forward to your feedback, which you can provide in the feedback topic.

The Tribal Wars Team

Grave Digger

Reaction score
what about our existing prem features..will we get compensated for our losses as the sandbox had a win condition that was no where near met at this point and i have prem/acc manager /loot assistant all active and paid for that i will loose due to lack of notice of world closing & should not of closed for months yet ... or will we get shafted yet again for goods paid for and not used ?

kubina1232

Team
Elder Moderator
Reaction score
server will be probably only reset, it mean that villages, tribes and other will be deleted. But your account will be still avilable after reset with all active premium features.

Grave Digger

Reaction score
Not getting why such a rush to restart with 48 hours notice of world ending when it was no where near end phase also notification of new world with no settings or info provided just some new feature that will be just as much of a dud as the siege villages one we were already playing out on sandbox.

At least give us the new world info before closing the old one so players can decide if they want to join and we can get organised for the restart.

JawJaw

Community Manager
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. Please note that Beta however is in fact a ... beta server so new features need to be tested according to a certain timeschedule. We understand that this might be inconvenient, but we do need to test things, which might happen with short timeframes. Development sadly is not a line of work in which people have the liberty of choosing to test in the distant future.

While you can expect a regular behavior of closing/opening on regular markets, you can not on Beta. Once more our apologies for the inconvenience.

kubina1232

Team
Elder Moderator
Reaction score
Not getting why such a rush to restart with 48 hours notice of world ending when it was no where near end phase also notification of new world with no settings or info provided just some new feature that will be just as much of a dud as the siege villages one we were already playing out on sandbox.

At least give us the new world info before closing the old one so players can decide if they want to join and we can get organised for the restart.

This is a beta server, not normal server. Players here should only test new features and not play for win or best place in ranks. If you want play normal, play some other server (like co.uk or de or pl or cz...)

This new feature looks vere good, hope it will stay ingame for long time (it is version 2 :D after long time) and will be useful...

Grave Digger

Reaction score
That is the standard ridiculous answer here
This is a beta server, not normal server. Players here should only test new features and not play for win or best place in ranks

How the hell is something supposed to be tested such as a siege villages or even the strongholds if no one played for rank or to win when the whole game is called tribal wars when the very essence of testing such is to win & without even trying no one would of tested such to is conclusion thus no one would ever know if it worked properly or not?
Even the attack ban on sandbox was lifted last round to test it so saying as you have above is complete and utterly wrong & like saying car makers test cars but should not crash them because they are just prototypes/beta versions.

Without playing the game to its fullest half the bugs found on these forums would never of come about.

I guess i should of known better than actually ask questions here about whats happened & why when the same standard copy paste answers are all thats can ever be expected here as always instead of actual answers to genuine concerns about the game & the reasons for actions taken about it.

basatrasimba triha

Reaction score
What I will say and i say it's a sure thing is that you will lose many players with the introduction of these new features...
The ,,TribalWars'' become more and more anything else than it was. In a decade, if it will survive, you can name it StarWars.

Grave Digger

Reaction score
The stronghold will premier together with the restart of worlds zz1 and zz2. We will be closing these worlds on Wednesday and re-open them, with the newest Strongholds, on Thursday.

Well yet another big cock up with rushing through closure and new feature of these worlds and they cant even be restarted on the day specified ..in inno games defence i guess they only specified a day and not a actual date to the day of restarting.

Epic fail yet again :(:confused:

basatrasimba triha

Reaction score
From my side, account closed. This is anything else but TribalWars.
Now i am sorry for investing the money, i did in this game.

Queen LaTina

Reaction score
when will the manual for Stronghold?

all the rest of the, especially friend overground - stop on forum cry, write in support, will reclaim you your virtual money

And Yes, the administration is not to apologize - this is a test server and you all know it!

the last round was closed as not lived up to the expectations of developers-the idea was unsuccessful:)
let's see what will give the camp (something similar happened on the Russian server 10 in the world) but I think this idea will not work. We love the war of the tribes such as it was 10 years ago, and not the game that try to make fools-modern developers

Grave Digger

Reaction score
Please be aware that we will be resetting both beta worlds, zz1 & zz2, shortly after the event (The Diamond Mine) has finished. Please take this into account when spending premium points or planning your next moves. This reset will be needed in order to implement a new game feature and test it properly.

When are the worlds closing/restarting as the event ended a week ago and my premium just ended ..a few details please as to whats happening ..support dont know so perhaps someone here will.

JawJaw

Community Manager
Reaction score
When are the worlds closing/restarting as the event ended a week ago and my premium just ended ..a few details please as to whats happening ..support dont know so perhaps someone here will.

Hi

The world will be reset in the upcoming week.